NOS Pink Triangle PT1

Postby avinunca1 » 12 Apr 2017 14:11

Interesting pics of some new old stock PT1s on Pink Fish
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=200672

Who would have thought it.
avinunca1

Re: NOS Pink Triangle PT1

Postby backtotheblack » 12 Apr 2017 18:19

seen that for sale a while ago and thought hmmm i fancy that but then remembered i already have a PTTOO and LPT.

amazing that somewhere there was a PT1 sitting untouched in its box for 30 odd years.
backtotheblack

Scotland

Postby Cloudbase » 12 Apr 2017 20:09

Quite astonishing really, for anyone wanting something that with the passage of time became a bit of a modern classic its a great opportunity.

If I didn't have 2 PT tables already id be tempted. :)
Cloudbase

England

Postby limono » 13 Apr 2017 23:32

It is mine ad. Funny , because I posted the same ad here with lover price of 800USD and nobody noticed. Well, the price now is 800 GBP:) I'm slowly learning that for all it's vices E-bay is the only venue worth bothering if it comes to selling.
Rgrds, L
limono

Postby avinunca1 » 15 Apr 2017 15:41

Trouble is after adding postage and then VAT the cost here is well over £1000 and there are PT1 decks around that look as good as new despite being used since day one.
We are able to import products from elsewhere in the EU without such charges but thanks to good ol Brexit that will come to an end no doubt. Of course the exchange rate has already hit us.
I notice on eBay(UK) at the moment there's a PT1 with a Srynx PU3 for £795 and a PTToo for more than this without an arm. There's another PT1 not working condition for over £500. Last time I looked, a working PT1 without arm was lucky to reach £400.
Good luck with your sale. It's an exciting prospect to own a new PT deck.
avinunca1

Postby tim_bissell » 16 Apr 2017 21:45

Yes, the asking prices seem to have shot up over the past couple of months, although I am not sure they are selling yet... I was lucky enough to pick up a practically NOS PT1 about five years ago; the owner had bought it then shoved it on top of a cupboard, unused. Even the armboard had not been cut for an arm. Opening the box up took me right back to unboxing my first PT1 in 1985; as you say, a very special feeling.

-- Tim
tim_bissell
contributor

United Kingdom

Postby limono » 26 Apr 2017 19:16

avinunca1 wrote:Trouble is after adding postage and then VAT the cost here is well over £1000 and there are PT1 decks around that look as good as new despite being used since day one.
We are able to import products from elsewhere in the EU without such charges but thanks to good ol Brexit that will come to an end no doubt. Of course the exchange rate has already hit us.
I notice on eBay(UK) at the moment there's a PT1 with a Srynx PU3 for £795 and a PTToo for more than this without an arm. There's another PT1 not working condition for over £500. Last time I looked, a working PT1 without arm was lucky to reach £400.
Good luck with your sale. It's an exciting prospect to own a new PT deck.

Well , why would you have to pay VAT on 30 years old turntable even if its New Old Stock?
Also , how the total would be well over 1K GBP? the shipping to UK is only 80 GBP.
Assuming declared value of 200 GBP the worst case scenario is ~40 GBP of Vat.

If you believe on buying 30 years old used table in like new condition than fine. Replacement sapphire is 100 GBP from True Point. These are not low maintenance decks I'm afraid. It is after all British engineering :)
The asking price was concluded as a market value from 2 sales on Ebay. It is a collector item as well and there are only few of them.
Rgrds. L
limono

Postby backtotheblack » 26 Apr 2017 19:35

as far as i can tell the serial number is in the 2k region which does not make it a collectors item. mind you PT's numbering system is ermm well...

for someone that always wanted a new PT back in the day then great its perfect.

for nostalgia purposes then its worth whatever someone is prepared to pay to have that nostalgia.

if it had been priced at the time £100-200 cheaper a few months ago then i would have bought it but not due to it being 'new' but to have an unmolested PT1 for my collection.

i'm sure given time someone will buy it.
backtotheblack

Scotland

Postby avinunca1 » 27 Apr 2017 09:41

Well declaring a lower price to cut tax and duty is something that happens but it is of course illegal.
Regarding your dig at British engineering, well we could look at Harley Davidson! I know you are joking.
I wouldn't expect to have to buy a new bearing. If I bought a NOS valve I would require it to work.
avinunca1

Postby Ivor Pinkun » 27 Apr 2017 13:51

Unfortunately the import duty and VAT on a purchase price of £800 plus £80 shipping would come in at just below £200.
Ivor Pinkun

United Kingdom

Postby limono » 27 Apr 2017 20:07

avinunca1 wrote:Well declaring a lower price to cut tax and duty is something that happens but it is of course illegal.
Regarding your dig at British engineering, well we could look at Harley Davidson! I know you are joking.
I wouldn't expect to have to buy a new bearing. If I bought a NOS valve I would require it to work.

Of course I was joking. Regarding new bearing's sapphire I was referring to buying a used table of this vintage and counting on "excellent" performance while it's known fact that those bearings are fragile. That some of those tables has worn out platter/ bearing interface resulting in wobble , some have shot motors and tired suspension. That's the normal thing with used suspended table.
Regarding the price I repeat that, the table was posted here on VE for 800 USD for quite a time. But , since for anything British I would like to buy here I have to pay up to nose (i.e 22 Gbp for a belt which I can get for $7.75 here) it's only fair that for British buyers on PFM the price would be in pounds....
Add to that British invention of annual price increase to make the customer feel good about investment etc . etc. ..
I do not really cater to folks who already have 3 Pink Triangle tables ,and if it's cheap enough they are willing to buy forth. I sold one to a guy who has vectored unit and he is happy with the purchase. Illegal or not it's mostly guys from Britain who ask for declaring low value although it's pretty much common. Now , don't get me wrong I'm all pro Britain and I'm at ave how industrious and imaginative folks are there (well at least some of them) but it's also true that my most unfortunate online deals were with sellers from GB.
Warm Regards, L
limono

Postby limono » 27 Apr 2017 20:24

backtotheblack wrote:as far as i can tell the serial number is in the 2k region which does not make it a collectors item. mind you PT's numbering system is ermm well...

for someone that always wanted a new PT back in the day then great its perfect.

for nostalgia purposes then its worth whatever someone is prepared to pay to have that nostalgia.

if it had been priced at the time £100-200 cheaper a few months ago then i would have bought it but not due to it being 'new' but to have an unmolested PT1 for my collection.

i'm sure given time someone will buy it.

Im not sure what "ermm well numbering" phrase means ..I simply took the picture of one and the others are the same from the same year with slightly different numbers . So, as a matter of fact the table pictured is already sold.
I'm really not worried that I will be stuck with those tables.
There are helluva of new tables on the market now and cheap as chips to boot . Mostly from outfits who have no idea about what the sound is but make sure the tables are sexy and shinny and it doesn't matter really because customers have no idea either except that its trendy and one has to jump the wagon to yap about it and take a picture.
I disregard collectors although I understand the passion and addiction.
limono

Return to Pink Triangle / Funk Firm