Post by PinkTrichard » 08 Jul 2016 16:48

"It's a Pink Triangle, Jim - but not as we know it"

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t58 ... wcraop.jpg

:mrgreen:

Ivor Pinkun

Re: And now for something completely different

Post by Ivor Pinkun » 12 Jul 2016 12:42

Looks lovely :D

Would be interested to hear about the mods it has had and whether you have compared it to an Anni?

PinkTrichard

Re: And now for something completely different

Post by PinkTrichard » 13 Jul 2016 09:19

Thanks. That pic was taken at the factory with a mobile phone. I'll take some more when it makes it across "La Manche" and I have it set up here at home (problems building a shelf, due to unusual wall construction - now, probably, solved)
I haven't directly compared to an Anni either. I much prefer to do proper comparisons on my home system rather than AK's factory one. I might try to see if I can borrow Arthurs with the same arm, and then I can use a couple of Goldring 1042's to listen in my system (not before November when I am next driving to the UK). I've heard Anni's - including recently, and we know the theoretical differences. In a way it is a 21st century "Anni from first principals" without the cosmetics.
It started when I discovered forums, found the thread on this forum about PT mods, and started discussing them with AK, on the basis they didn't fully accord with how I remembered doing things, and PT design goals when I was at Pink. It's been a long saga. It still hasn't shipped to me because immediately after taking that photo we agreed one last modification to the rear suspension. But it has the spin bearing, which is more stable than the original Anni bearing, and can be coupled to the sub-chassis better without needing an end-grain balsa reinforcement layer. So, no trilaminate - no Anni "warm flavour" - but similar bass solidity and depth. The motor is K-Drive - pretty much the same motor, but the latest class A servo control . Motor and vector slave pulleys are mounted on the sub-chassis with a custom bearing mount. The motor, originally located at 7 o'clock has moved to Anni position for suspension stability reasons (although one of the reasons for the new mount was to avoid this - so we would probably have gone for an MDF plinth again if it were a design for retail rather than my modifications for my personal listening pleasure (internal aesthetics not important).