Old one on the bay

light fantastic
Armbored
Great Britain

Old one on the bay

Post by Armbored » 13 Apr 2016 11:23

Did anyone notice this old one sitting on the bay a few days ago?
Seems like an original to me but is described incorrectly as an LPT.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pink-triangle ... true&rt=nc

Cloudbase

Re: Old one on the bay

Post by Cloudbase » 14 Apr 2016 10:29

Didn't notice that one, might be worth a punt as a restoration job. Woodwork looks quite nice.
Been a few on the bay the last few weeks, a PT Too went for £1000 i think the other day (or was withdrawn ?)

Armbored
Great Britain

Post by Armbored » 14 Apr 2016 10:45

Yes I saw that; it was nice and had a Zeta and Benz Ace, so good value really.
Always fancied a Zeta, it seems to be quite commonly fitted on the PT, so I would assume it works well. I'm always looking for another nice one!

Cloudbase

Post by Cloudbase » 14 Apr 2016 18:48

A nice TT or a nice Zeta? Had I wanted another deck I do think the PT1 that didn't sell might have been tempting. Decent PSU and replacement lid and your halfway there. Motor/Bearing unknown but at that price!

Need to refin my LPT that's sat in the spare bedroom.

Aha just reread......you meant a nice TT lol

Armbored
Great Britain

Post by Armbored » 14 Apr 2016 20:43

Hi there,
I was not very clear with my message, apologies! I always fancied a Zeta, at the right price. I have a PT1 which is really excellent, but I would always consider a refurb. That one on the bay got away before I had the chance. I also have an LPT which was okay, but I had a poor cartridge on it before, so I would like to try it with a decent MC. I'll dig it out over the summer, I have a spare Nima that I would like to try on it.

Cloudbase

Post by Cloudbase » 15 Apr 2016 11:25

I ran my LPT with the only arm/cart i have an OL Onyx and Dynavector 10x5 which was then transferred to my PT Anni.
Have to say i thought they matched the LPT/Anni very well but then i have only heard previously a couple of carts and 1 other arm to compare em to in past times.

Would be nice to have more stuff to play with but hey at least having 1 cart makes you super careful ! :)

avinunca1

Post by avinunca1 » 20 Apr 2016 22:05

Armbored wrote:Hi there,
I was not very clear with my message, apologies! I always fancied a Zeta, at the right price. I have a PT1 which is really excellent, but I would always consider a refurb. That one on the bay got away before I had the chance. I also have an LPT which was okay, but I had a poor cartridge on it before, so I would like to try it with a decent MC. I'll dig it out over the summer, I have a spare Nima that I would like to try on it.
The Zeta works well with PT suspended turntables. A lot more bass than the 774 for instance. Needs fairly low compliance cartridge though I did use a DL304 which should not have worked!

Armbored
Great Britain

Post by Armbored » 20 Apr 2016 22:30

I figured it must work well, have seen it quite often on the PT. Any thoughts on how the Ittok works? I have one but need an armboard.

P700DEE
England

Post by P700DEE » 21 Apr 2016 15:38

Ittok version ? They do work but it is not a great match vs cost. The Arm board is the same for Zeta and Ittok.

Re the PT1 I see it has been re-listed with a few ad ons to describe the issues.
Very poor advert, collect in Dumfries , sold by someone in the Midlands, e-mail address does not match the name of the contact!
Broken lid, missing (?) hinges and he suggest you try and buy a wallwart from The Funk Firm!

Could still be a bargain for someone local, where ever that might be ;)

Armbored
Great Britain

Post by Armbored » 21 Apr 2016 16:22

I will maybe get around to trying it one day. At the moment I have a rewired RB300, which sounds very good with the current cartridge, AT33EV.

The PT looks a bit of a project, at £75 it was worth a punt but not at £150....