Pink Triangle PT too

light fantastic
jy3

Pink Triangle PT too

Post by jy3 » 28 Feb 2016 09:19

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased the above with a Rega rb250 and I have a Lyra Helikon which I am using from a previous tt. Firstly I know nothing about setting up tt's and 2 days ago the belt slipped off and as I removed the platter the stub holding the rega counterweight snapped off. I have tried removing the arm and undid the 4 screws on the armboard but still don't know how to remove the arm. What I am hoping for is that there is someone with a good heart and lives near Watford that would come round and help me out. I do not expect this to be done FOC and it would help me to learn. I am always worried about transporting the tt due to the suspension although I did bring it back from the seller house.

P700DEE
England

Re: Pink Triangle PT too

Post by P700DEE » 28 Feb 2016 11:47

:0 How did removing the platter get you any way near the end of the arm?
Firstly shipping, there is a hole in the top plate for you to use a transit screw. Missing screw, use a bolt from the arm board (same thread) and a washer (if needed)to secure the suspension. The platter itself should be separated so that you don't damage the saphirre thrust plate/ cup.

If you have removed the bolts from the arm board your arm should now be loose so what is stopping you removing it? Simple screw at the back holding the arm cable ? The Rega has a large nut on the underside of the arm board to hold the arm to the deck so you need a large spanner (well my RB300 did 20 years ago). Not that you need to remove it.
Then treat yourself to an upgraded stub
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISOkinetik-IS ... 7L77_ekFzA

jy3

Post by jy3 » 28 Feb 2016 12:37

Thanks for your reply P700DEE, removing the platter did not get me near the end of the arm, promise I did not touch it, I can only guess the stub must have been weak and with the weight of the counterweight it has broken. I was going to buy a new counterweight or even send to J7 to have the arm rewired. I have checked again and I really don't know why the arm and armboard do not come away, I don't know what is underneath that is why I really needed someone with experience to show me.

P700DEE
England

Post by P700DEE » 29 Feb 2016 17:04

There should be a lead weight to balance the arm as the RB300 is quite light. Certainly possible that someone has put double sided pads on both sides to stick the three parts together? #-o

jy3

Post by jy3 » 29 Feb 2016 18:37

Thanks again for your reply P700DEE, I have looked again and can only describe what appears to be a block underneath the armboard and then I guess that is glued to something else. pm sent.

jy3

Post by jy3 » 19 Dec 2016 14:14

Sorry forgot to update this thread. I purchased a new counter weight and stub off ebay and that worked fine. It appears the armboard is glued to the sub chassis so I cut the original Rega phono leads and sent the arm away to J7 for a rewire and arm fill. I purchased a 3mm washer to place between the arm and armboard giving the correct vta, removed the tt base, and drilled a hole in the sideboard were the tt sits, so now the arm leads fall straight through to the amp. What do I think now, fantastic clarity and detail and no more of that LP12 bass bloom. Wish I'd changed tt's years ago. Thanks to those folks who tried to help.