Export btinternet power supply

light fantastic
puddlesplasher

Export btinternet power supply

Post by puddlesplasher » 17 Nov 2018 19:21

I bought an Export gti and needs a little tlc. Lid needs replacing or repair but the issue is the power supply. I haven't had time to look into the board. It seems to work on both speeds but only one light indicator works for speed. I assume there are two different led lights on the board. Does anyone know. Thanks.

tim_bissell
Great Britain

Re: Export btinternet power supply

Post by tim_bissell » 18 Nov 2018 16:52

As far as recall there is one, two colour LED i.e. it has two inputs (red/green) and a common drain, There should be three wires leading from the PCB to the LED (which glows behind a frosted acrylic knob)

Plastic online used to make acrylic lids for PTs and may still be able to make them, but Perspex et al have stopped making the pink tinted acrylic, so you would be best off going for a very light grey. If acrylic is OK but has come apart at the seams, you can attempt to rejoin it with Tensol which is an acrylic glue/solvent - but it is not healthy stuff, so take care if you use it

puddlesplasher

Post by puddlesplasher » 18 Nov 2018 18:24

Hi Tim
Thanks for the info much appreciated. I will have a look sometime soon as I'm going to strip it down and clean up.

abril
long player
long player
Georgia

Post by abril » 19 Nov 2018 08:47

Had a look for someone else recently re pink acrylic and found this
http://www.plasticstockist.com/Vario-Ac ... Sheet.aspx
Looks something like the original pink - so perhaps :wink:
As far as recall there is one, two colour LED i.e. it has two inputs (red/green) and a common drain, There should be three wires leading from the PCB to the LED (which glows behind a frosted acrylic knob)
You can get both common anode and common cathode so be careful you know which is required.

puddlesplasher

Post by puddlesplasher » 21 Nov 2018 19:00

Thanks for the info.