Gett! owners Gett over here!

light fantastic
conkerman

Gett! owners Gett over here!

Post by conkerman » 02 Jul 2018 19:01

Hi all,

I bought a Funk Firm Gett! at the weekend, I have to say, for the money it stacks up very wel to the the likes of the Rega P3, but with a lot more flexibility.

I have paired it with a Goldring E3 for now and to be fair am pretty happy with the results.

A quick search doesn't bring up much about the Gett! so I thought I'd leave a placeholder here for my thoughts and other s to comment on theirs.

tim_bissell
Great Britain

Re: Gett! owners Gett over here!

Post by tim_bissell » 02 Jul 2018 22:38

I had a demo one for a while, and loved it! I have various PTs and an LSD, and Gett! is a very worthy member of the family. It may be a budget model, but the DC motor implementation seemed to 'hunt' (on the strobe) less than your typical PT1, and got the platter up to speed quickly - may be a benefit of rim drive.

I like the matt finish of the plinth is good, the VTA grub screw seems a sensible size and does not mark the arm pillar, and the arm is a cracker - I used a Goldring 1012 / 1042 on it, and the sound was not as 'reference tape' sounding as an FX3 on a PT or F5 on the LSD, but has a delightful airiness and exuberance which I found very seductive.

I think I have said it before, but I would like to sell of my modded RB300 which is on the Tarantella, and put an F7 on it ... just got to find the time!

conkerman

Post by conkerman » 19 Jul 2018 17:18

Had a real mixed bag of a couple of weeks.

A couple of days of using the turntable and really enjoying the sound quality and general drive and bounce in my music and then it happened!
The turntable just couldn't hold a constant speed after being used for an half an hour or so, the speed was wobbling up and down all over the place.

I contacted the dealer I bought my table from including a video, within a couple of hours Arthur had contacted me to discuss how to proceed, we ended up settling on a replacement chassis to which I can swap the arm/platter etc. (I am 200 miles from my dealer).
A couple of days later and about 10 mins with an allen key and 15 min fitting the belt and I was back in the game! Got a text message from Arthur the other day asking if I needed any further help. Great stuff.

I set Bias by fitting the stylus guard and getting the arm to move across the acromat when spinning. Might try and get hold of a test record.

It doesn't alter the fact that I love this turntable and fully agree that although the tonearm feels a bit wierd, but for the money it really delivers.

katokid
Great Britain

Post by katokid » 29 Dec 2018 16:35

I have just spoken with Arthur and my Gett! Christmas pressie to myself will start build on 7th Jan 2019. It sounds like I have not made a mistake reading your comments. The only thing I was worried about was the tonearm delicacy? Oh I forgot to ask if it came with a lid. very much looking forward to receiving and listening in the New Year.

Kk