Project Perspective - HOMC Cartridge recommendations

carboniferous
cacmanjr
United States of America

Project Perspective - HOMC Cartridge recommendations

Post by cacmanjr » 28 Sep 2019 20:01

I have an old Perspective turntable with the 9 tonearm that is lightly used with a Sumiko Pearl cartridge. I am considering upgrading to an HOMC cartridge. The rest of the system is a McIntosh 4300V receiver and Klipsch KSP-400 speakers. Any recommendations for an HOMC cartridge would be appreciated. I have looked at the Sumiko Blue Point No2 and the Ortofon MC3 Turbo but not heard either. Which would be a better choice for my system or are there others out there that I should be looking at/listening to?

macshifi

Re: Project Perspective - HOMC Cartridge recommendations

Post by macshifi » 28 Sep 2019 21:29

I will suggest checking out Sumiko Blue Point Special. It's cost is about $500. US, and is actually a Blue Point 2 without a body surrounding it. I've had mine, installed in a Rega Planar 3 since 1995, it sounds quite good and is still going without having it replaced or retipped, and should do nicely for you, too.

Mark

cacmanjr
United States of America

Post by cacmanjr » 29 Sep 2019 03:43

Thanks for the quick reply, Mark. I will have to check out the BPS. Sounds like you have had really good luck with yours. I will have to find a place to listen to a variety of cartridges.

Any other suggestions out there?

willboy

Post by willboy » 30 Sep 2019 00:03

How about a Denon DL110, or even better the more expensive Hana EH, which I use on a Pro-ject 2Xperience with 9cc arm. Both should work well with the Perspective's 9 arm.

cacmanjr
United States of America

Post by cacmanjr » 12 Oct 2019 15:40

Thanks for the suggestions, Willboy. I will see if I can give both a listen.