Pro-Ject info please

carboniferous
hristijanc
Macedonia

Pro-Ject info please

Post by hristijanc » 30 May 2019 09:29

Hello Guys,
This is my first forum post, greetings to everyone. I would like to know if anyone knows whats the difference between
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit (DC) and Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB (DC) turntable.
Is it only the manual vs automatic 33/45 rpm toggle or there is something else. I tried to contact the Pro-Ject support mail but i didn't get an answer.

Thanks,

Jack Henley Audio
Great Britain

Re: Pro-Ject info please

Post by Jack Henley Audio » 02 Jul 2019 17:01

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a Debut carbon Esperit, not without the SB. The debut carbon esperit SB is named so because it comes equipped with an acrylic platter and electronic speed control; a debut carbon esperit would not come equipped with electronic speed control, this product does not exist however.
On the other hand you can get a Debut Carbon DC (Standard model that is not equipped with electronic speed control) and upgrade the platter to an Acrylic-It.

Henley
Great Britain

Re: Pro-Ject info please

Post by Henley » 29 Aug 2019 14:50

Jack Henley Audio wrote:
02 Jul 2019 17:01
To my knowledge there is no such thing as a Debut carbon Esperit, not without the SB. The debut carbon esperit SB is named so because it comes equipped with an acrylic platter and electronic speed control; a debut carbon esperit would not come equipped with electronic speed control, this product does not exist however.
On the other hand you can get a Debut Carbon DC (Standard model that is not equipped with electronic speed control) and upgrade the platter to an Acrylic-It.
To an extent, Jack is correct, as the standard Esprit is not imported into the UK.
However, this variant does exist in other territories and the only difference is electronic speed change and greater speed stability.