Did you buy any Vinyl today?

name that tune
Post Reply
truedeth
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 273
Joined: 30 Jan 2019 22:51
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by truedeth » 16 Oct 2019 08:26

citizenarcane wrote:
16 Oct 2019 02:42
truedeth wrote:
16 Oct 2019 00:44
I finally have Brain Salad Surgery
You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo
You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll......
I never knew that this song was them! I was shocked. I also really want to go to an audience participation screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show so badly but I have never had the opportunity .

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 739
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by SpyderTracks » 16 Oct 2019 09:10

truedeth wrote:
16 Oct 2019 08:26
citizenarcane wrote:
16 Oct 2019 02:42
truedeth wrote:
16 Oct 2019 00:44
I finally have Brain Salad Surgery
You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo
You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll......
I never knew that this song was them! I was shocked. I also really want to go to an audience participation screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show so badly but I have never had the opportunity .
I had an original pressing of the rocky horror signed by Richard O’Brien on the cover, but foolishly gave it to my sister a few years ago as a present. A friend of mine went out with his son when I was a kid and we used to go round to swim and the odd drinking binge which is how I came across the copy.

Really must find a way of getting that record back!

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 739
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by SpyderTracks » 19 Oct 2019 09:12

Global Deejays - What A Feeling 2005 German release
R-3176212-1447856322-4022.jpeg.jpg
(100.89 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

Fire99
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 356
Joined: 12 Mar 2017 13:03
Location: Ontaro

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by Fire99 » 19 Oct 2019 20:04

Mobile Fidelity- numbered edition
B190FF03-97BA-4325-9FF1-1615582AE34D.jpeg
(486.38 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Attachments
0886DA86-6377-419F-93BD-9187A7BF204F.jpeg
(401.31 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 739
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by SpyderTracks » 19 Oct 2019 21:58

Fire99 wrote:
19 Oct 2019 20:04
Mobile Fidelity- numbered edition
B190FF03-97BA-4325-9FF1-1615582AE34D.jpeg
Nice, is the quality worth it?

Fire99
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 356
Joined: 12 Mar 2017 13:03
Location: Ontaro

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by Fire99 » 19 Oct 2019 22:12

SpyderTracks wrote:
19 Oct 2019 21:58
Fire99 wrote:
19 Oct 2019 20:04
Mobile Fidelity- numbered edition
B190FF03-97BA-4325-9FF1-1615582AE34D.jpeg
Nice, is the quality worth it?
Just finished listening to it with my wife and it sounds great! I have an original copy given to me from my parents that sounds good but this one sounds fuller and clearer. Definitely an improvement.
Just pre ordered the new releases from Mobile Fidelity of the 4 Dire Straits albums. Can’t wait!
Listening to my Dire Straits albums that were pressed at Pallas Germany to tide me over.

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 739
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by SpyderTracks » 19 Oct 2019 22:15

Fire99 wrote:
19 Oct 2019 22:12
SpyderTracks wrote:
19 Oct 2019 21:58
Fire99 wrote:
19 Oct 2019 20:04
Mobile Fidelity- numbered edition
B190FF03-97BA-4325-9FF1-1615582AE34D.jpeg
Nice, is the quality worth it?
Just finished listening to it with my wife and it sounds great! I have an original copy given to me from my parents that sounds good but this one sounds fuller and clearer.
Just pre ordered the new releases from Mobile Fidelity of the 4 Dire Straits albums. Can’t wait!
Listening to my Dire Straits albums that were pressed at Pallas Germany to tide me over.
I'm after those Dire Straits copies also and I'd quite like the UD1S of Monk's Dream. I really do like MoFi, they are expensive but definitely worth the cost on every copy I have of theirs.

Fire99
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 356
Joined: 12 Mar 2017 13:03
Location: Ontaro

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by Fire99 » 19 Oct 2019 23:03

I agree. Between Mobile Fidelity and Analogue Production I’ve never been disappointed. My go to labels.

Tonybro
long player
long player
Great Britain
Posts: 2127
Joined: 01 May 2014 16:44
Location: Lancashire

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by Tonybro » 20 Oct 2019 15:16

I've pre-ordered the 4 Dire Straits albums too (a couple of weeks ago), I already have the MoFi Brothers in Arms...

Fire99
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 356
Joined: 12 Mar 2017 13:03
Location: Ontaro

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by Fire99 » 20 Oct 2019 15:28

Tonybro wrote:
20 Oct 2019 15:16
I've pre-ordered the 4 Dire Straits albums too (a couple of weeks ago), I already have the MoFi Brothers in Arms...
I do as well, a must have in any collection!
Timeless album.

spud1909
senior member
senior member
Posts: 821
Joined: 22 Feb 2014 21:20

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by spud1909 » 21 Oct 2019 08:46

BE23E776-F708-4B12-9F62-B88442E96D69.jpeg
(469.52 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 739
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by SpyderTracks » 22 Oct 2019 06:40

Sorry to derail the thread for a second but is anyone familiar with this 2007 Japanese pressing of Free - Fire and Water?

https://www.discogs.com/Free-Fire-And-W ... se/2768574

XJ99
member
member
United States of America
Posts: 56
Joined: 30 Jul 2019 20:18
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by XJ99 » 22 Oct 2019 14:50

It took a month, but I got it from the UK. To Raleigh, NC.

https://i.postimg.cc/xCJtbGKc/IMG-7966-1.jpg

LoudPaper
member
member
Great Britain
Posts: 225
Joined: 23 Mar 2019 14:57

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by LoudPaper » 28 Oct 2019 15:17

47118
2 reissues from Moloko
I Am Not A Doctor (white vinyl)
Things To Make And Do (pink vinyl)

47119
The Jam - Snap! (2019 reissue)

Tankist42
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 282
Joined: 11 Oct 2017 23:09
Location: Alabama

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by Tankist42 » 29 Oct 2019 00:18

Got these this past Saturday.
47120

Post Reply