Attachments
DSCF1546.JPG
(948.85 KiB) Downloaded 318 times

mythrenegade

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by mythrenegade » 22 Jul 2017 03:20

IMG_4109.JPG
(847.48 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Another dollar pile find. This is Tom Jones in 1969 when he was at the top of his vocal game. Sure, it's still got some cheese factor but this is a pretty good album.

Alex_90

Post by Alex_90 » 22 Jul 2017 20:47

Today, I purchased Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park as a tribute to the Late Chester Bennington.

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 23 Jul 2017 00:57

Well, to cheer myself up today, I decided to attend my local annual outdoor flea market...The only problem was that it decided to rain off and on through the whole event... :( Before I went there, though, I stopped at a local barn sale they were having nearby...Not much in the way of audio, but I did pick up 14 LP's for $1.00 apiece...Some good ones, too! As I walked out, I spied a reel of audio cable for $5.00...Not a bad deal, and one can always use extra cables for something! Then, I got to the flea market...In between the woman selling oils and potions, the woman telling fortunes and the endless supply of baby clothes, there were still some good things to be had...Not much in the way of audio gear (other than a couple of portable CD players and a few cheap headphones), but I did pick up some more records, and just the kind I like...good jazz and soul! When I was only going to buy 8 of them (2 for $1), the guy said take the whole stack of 16 for $5.00! It was toward the end of the flea market and I couldn't refuse that deal, so I popped on the lot of 'em so he wouldn't have to re-load them again...I guess the rain kinda kept a lot of people away, but still, a decent turnout considering...Several of the records I found I already own (Nice copies today, too! :D), so they will be going elsewhere to others who can appreciate them... :wink: But here is a list of the few I didn't have...

1. TONY MOTTOLA A Latin Love-In
2. NANCY WILSON Like In Love (w/ Billy May)
3. THE VENTURES Hawaii Five-O
4. PHOEBE SNOW Against The Grain
5. ESTHER PHILLIPS WITH JOE BECK For All We Know
6. PHOEBE SNOW It Looks Like Snow
7. RAMSEY LEWIS Legacy
8. ZUBIN MEHTA & THE NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC Stravinsky - The Rite Of Spring

Not much there, but I had a very good day anyway and got to get a little fresh air, so all was not lost! :D

Besides, flea market, garage sale and estate sale season isn't over with yet, so we shall see what else transpires in the coming months...

Tinkaroo
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Canada

Post by Tinkaroo » 23 Jul 2017 10:02

Hi V-M:

There is nothing wrong with cheering one'self up by looking through old records and finding a few bargains in the process. It sounds as if you got some good deals too! 8)

Tinkaroo
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Canada

Post by Tinkaroo » 23 Jul 2017 15:27

Jenn Grant-Paradise 2017.jpg
(26.09 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Jenn Grant-Paradise 2017

Rexord

Post by Rexord » 24 Jul 2017 10:55

Might not be juSt from today... but from most of the year :P

I moved out at the start of 2017 and my record playing days have been on halt but I am just about on track now when my new Edifier Speakers arrive :)

http://i.imgur.com/YMnPsG6.jpg
Most latest is The Beatles - Let It Be NAKED, wanted this for a while, I do have the normal version of Let It Be too.

Thrilled to get the Soundtrack to A Single Man, my favourite film score, itwas a bother to track down as Zavvi have this setup where you pay subrcription to get a mystery vinyl every month - I'm the sort of person who lieks to know what I pay for so this really isnt for me. I found out this was one of the items they released and later tracked it down on eBay for a very reasonable price.

Beck's - Sea Change is another album I have been wanting for years but has just been too pricy! Well it got a reissue earlier this year so I pounced on it!

David Bowie's - Live Nassau Coliseum'76, is t he 1st Live album I've got, I usually onlt go for Studio albums as I find the audience cheering and clapping intrustive, but I am quite fond of this :)

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 24 Jul 2017 11:19

Rexord wrote:Might not be juSt from today... but from most of the year :P

I moved out at the start of 2017 and my record playing days have been on halt but I am just about on track now when my new Edifier Speakers arrive :)

http://i.imgur.com/YMnPsG6.jpg
Most latest is The Beatles - Let It Be NAKED, wanted this for a while, I do have the normal version of Let It Be too.

Thrilled to get the Soundtrack to A Single Man, my favourite film score, itwas a bother to track down as Zavvi have this setup where you pay subrcription to get a mystery vinyl every month - I'm the sort of person who lieks to know what I pay for so this really isnt for me. I found out this was one of the items they released and later tracked it down on eBay for a very reasonable price.

Beck's - Sea Change is another album I have been wanting for years but has just been too pricy! Well it got a reissue earlier this year so I pounced on it!

David Bowie's - Live Nassau Coliseum'76, is t he 1st Live album I've got, I usually onlt go for Studio albums as I find the audience cheering and clapping intrustive, but I am quite fond of this :)
What's the let it be naked album?

Rexord

Post by Rexord » 24 Jul 2017 11:48

It's a project McCartney set out on in the early 2000's which revised the album drastically, cutting out a lot of Phil Spectors work on the album - Both are good in there own way, but I much prefer songs like Across The Universe on this. It also includes the fantastic 'Don't Let Me Down' track in replacement of a few other tracks which I wasn't too keen on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be..._Naked

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 24 Jul 2017 13:04

Rexord wrote:It's a project McCartney set out on in the early 2000's which revised the album drastically, cutting out a lot of Phil Spectors work on the album - Both are good in there own way, but I much prefer songs like Across The Universe on this. It also includes the fantastic 'Don't Let Me Down' track in replacement of a few other tracks which I wasn't too keen on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be..._Naked
Awesome, thanks, haven't heard of it but sounds very interesting, that's on my wishlist!

Edit: ordered, sounds like a necessary one for the collection!

Schtick

Post by Schtick » 24 Jul 2017 13:34

I guess I have. Kind of. I got delivery of and unpacked a Lenco L 75 (in good condition and working order, plays beautifully!) and the seller had packed 2 LP:s with it. Since I don´t know if the stylys (it´s an old Shure M75MB cartridge) i allright I use them for testing purposes (and it sounds like the stylus is fine).

Sofia Källgren - Handen på hjärtat
Success 2 - a collection of hits with Champagne, Jackie Robinson, Boney M, Penny McLean, John Paul Young, Barrabas and Jumbo `76.

reynolds617
United States of America

Post by reynolds617 » 24 Jul 2017 23:38

This arrived from England today. I would challenge the seller's assertion that this is NM/M- condition media; it's pretty dirty with smudges and fingerprints all over it. I'm actually considering writing him about it. We'll see what the VPI can do, first! :D

Now about the single (for those of you who care): Sandie Shaw was a favorite of Morrissey's from the sixties, and she collaborated with them on three tracks plus a Top of the Pops appearance. A-side is obvious from the cover, but it is b-side #1 that's the sole reason I bought it (I've never really liked "Hand in Glove", TBH). It's an alternate, much more atomospheric performance of "I Don't Owe You Anything" with Sandie on vocals and no Morrissey at all.

The track is wonderful. One of the best they ever did IMO, and it's virtually unknown. If you're a Smiths fan this is one worth tracking down.

Tonybro
long player
long player
Great Britain

Post by Tonybro » 25 Jul 2017 09:23

I was in Norway last week on Holiday and came across (searched for on Google! ;-) ) a record shop in Stavangar. Well, you have to pop in, don't you?

What surprised me was the extensive space devoted to vinyl and the pricing similar to UK prices (unusual in expensive Norway). The assistant told me they had just increased it by 50% as that's what was selling. :-)

Bought 4 titles: -

Bob Marley - Legend - re-release to go alongside my original
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick re-release to go alongside my original

Gorillaz - Humanz
Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark?

But on my return a large package had arrived - could it be my pre-order from Racket Records?

It was, and as a bonus as I was one of the first to pre-order - it was signed by the band! :D
MisplacedChildhoodBoxSetSml.jpg
Misplaced Childhood Box Set
(56.38 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 25 Jul 2017 16:56

The Beatles - Let It Be... Naked original 2003 U.K. Release (thanks @Rexord, looking forward to it)
IMG_0041.JPG
(91.22 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
RunDMC - Raising Hell 2017 reissue
IMG_0040.JPG
(29.87 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

RedRock

Post by RedRock » 25 Jul 2017 21:39

Supertramp famous last words and a compilation from Knebworth.
Attachments
DSCF1554.JPG
(897.47 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
DSCF1552.JPG
(929.09 KiB) Downloaded 224 times