got live if you want it.

name that tune
sunderwood
United States of America

got live if you want it.

Post by sunderwood » 17 Jul 2019 22:30

I found this first Rolling Stones live album on ebay for 10.00. It is a London mono copy. The cover has wear, but the record itself is in really good shape. It plays pretty quiet. The recording itself is pretty raw with a lot of crowd noise. That got me to thinking about what the 2002 cd remaster of this album would sound like compared to this vinyl copy. I have some of the 2002 remasters and I think they sound very good. Has anyone done a personal comparison?

JDJX
long player
long player
United States of America
Location: Mid Hudson valley..... NY.....In the orginal Orange County

Re: got live if you want it.

Post by JDJX » 22 Jul 2019 12:43

I heard that album when first released and as I remember, the Stone's performance and the recording quality was absolutely horrible. It was just an early bad live performance and recording .
I remember even thinking that the title was a back handed way of admitting how bad it is... like this album is terrible but, if you want it, here it is.

in other words, you might be able to "clean" it up a bit but you still can not make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. :)

sunderwood
United States of America

Post by sunderwood » 22 Jul 2019 14:44

I found a 2002 sacd hybrid version on ebay. It is listed as near mint and is 18.00 including shipping. I went ahead and bought it and will let you know how it sounds. The stones sacd releases are getting harder to find and more expensive, so if it doesn't sound any better then at least I will have something that maybe a collector's item one day.

Pauw
Netherlands

Post by Pauw » 22 Jul 2019 16:03

I used to have a German Hor Zu copy of this. It was an odd album it sounded as if the crowd and the band were recorded at different places. Then I read some rumours t5his was not really a live album...it was recorded by the Stones and the audience was added later......Now I have a CD version and this has be remixed and sounds better but ....is it really a Stones live album?

Bob Dillon
United States of America

Post by Bob Dillon » 22 Jul 2019 18:05

It's a mishmash. Some of it is studio with audience sounds tracked. Some of it is "live" but possibly Micks's vocals are still tracked. The panning on the stereo version gives some of this away. If not, there is Google.