Price of Record

name that tune
jamesc123
Great Britain

Price of Record

Post by jamesc123 » 04 Jul 2019 11:20

I have come across a number of Beatles albums. I have had a few prices for some as they are very early ones.
Im struggling with one as there aren't many its the Beatles white album number 17,000. I know it all depends on condition ect but these seem to have never been played. im just looking for a rough price but any help would be great.

davidsss
long player
long player
Australia

Re: Price of Record

Post by davidsss » 04 Jul 2019 11:29

You could look at Popsike but you really need to look at which pressing you are being offered, and compare like with like. A first pressing is generally more expensive and you have to be careful that what you are told about a record is correct, Discogs is invaluable for this purpose, check the serial number etc.

As you say, condition has a huge impact on price. For example, I once bought a mono pressing of Sgt Pepper for $AU2. The condition was described as "cactus". It really isn't that bad but the condition would be struggling to be fair, plays better than it looks, but that ain't hard given how it looks.

DS

Pauw
Netherlands

Post by Pauw » 04 Jul 2019 12:10

Take it along to a few record fairs around you, get a dealer or two to have a look and give you a retail value. :D

Bob Dillon
United States of America

Post by Bob Dillon » 04 Jul 2019 18:05

U.K. Apple pressing I assume, because of where you are ? Top loader in true mint condition ? Could be a hundred or more for that. If it's a U.S. Apple or later Capitol press of any vintage, much less.