Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

name that tune
Post Reply
SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 792
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by SpyderTracks » 28 Jun 2019 07:42

Hi all

As this is my favourite Audio forum I thought I'd post this here....

Some of you may have heard of this, but I only just came across it.

Apparently Sony are due to release Santana - Supernatural as a 20th Anniversary Repress.

Place I found it is https://recordpusher.com/products/santana-supernatural

I'm always sceptical about these things since I'd heard nothing on any news forums about it, but I contacted them directly through discogs and researched the company and they are legit and have excellent reviews.

Due to be released on 02/08/2019, this is after a delay from planned release in June.

Obviously, this is likely going to run out very quickly so get in there asap.

Happy collecting :)

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 792
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Re: Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by SpyderTracks » 01 Aug 2019 16:42

Turned out this was a real release, it's available at a couple of stockists.

hoolio
senior member
senior member
Australia
Posts: 694
Joined: 28 Oct 2009 07:56
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by hoolio » 02 Aug 2019 00:45

I bought this on CD back in the day and to my ears was unlistenable, too much compression ( loudness wars ). Hopefully this will be better treated pressed to vinyl. I will keep an eye out for this.

Roberto C2H3
long player
long player
Argentina
Posts: 1627
Joined: 12 Jun 2014 12:54
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by Roberto C2H3 » 02 Aug 2019 13:00

I really like Santana, but I must say I prefer his earlier work. Supernatural in particular feels a bit forced to me, as if he was striving to play guitar solos through out the entire song on every song. :roll:

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 792
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Re: Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by SpyderTracks » 02 Aug 2019 16:22

Roberto C2H3 wrote:
02 Aug 2019 13:00
I really like Santana, but I must say I prefer his earlier work. Supernatural in particular feels a bit forced to me, as if he was striving to play guitar solos through out the entire song on every song. :roll:
What would you say are your favourite Santana albums then?

I’ve only really just started exploring his stuff.

I knew him from “smooth” on supernatural which I absolutely loved.

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 792
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Re: Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by SpyderTracks » 02 Aug 2019 18:29

Just got my copy delivered today, not bad considering it was shipped from Denmark to UK in 2 days to arrive on release day.
D47CB22A-F9F8-474B-B8B8-EA8E28DE42E2.jpeg
(782.67 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
B82F5005-6136-435A-962D-5F752033103E.jpeg
(537.6 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
9B4D536C-7F3E-470A-AA4C-2D860FCF01FD.jpeg
(328.33 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Will spin it in a little while and post quality impressions.

Roberto C2H3
long player
long player
Argentina
Posts: 1627
Joined: 12 Jun 2014 12:54
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by Roberto C2H3 » 03 Aug 2019 02:38

SpyderTracks wrote:
02 Aug 2019 16:22
Roberto C2H3 wrote:
02 Aug 2019 13:00
I really like Santana, but I must say I prefer his earlier work. Supernatural in particular feels a bit forced to me, as if he was striving to play guitar solos through out the entire song on every song. :roll:
What would you say are your favourite Santana albums then?

I’ve only really just started exploring his stuff.

I knew him from “smooth” on supernatural which I absolutely loved.
Hola SpyderTracks :D

Carlos' first three albums are my favorites: Santana, Abraxas, and Santana 3. His name is very interesting: In Spanish, Santana means "Saint Anne". However, if you drop the last vowel you get... Santan... Which sounds a lot like Satan... Goodness gracious great balls of fire !


Best from the Pampas,
roberto

DT999
senior member
senior member
Australia
Posts: 395
Joined: 18 May 2016 11:17

Re: Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by DT999 » 03 Aug 2019 04:04

I am a bit of a Santana fan myself and I agree with Roberto, the earliest albums are better, I would actually say the first 5 albums including Caravanserai and Welcome.

But I also recommend trying to track down the double album Moonflower. This is the record that first got me into Santana and it is in my opinion overlooked. It is a mix of studio and live performances. I've seen NM copies being sold in the U.K. on Discogs for as little as £4.50.

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 792
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 20:52
Location: London

Re: Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by SpyderTracks » 03 Aug 2019 07:53

DT999 wrote:
03 Aug 2019 04:04
I am a bit of a Santana fan myself and I agree with Roberto, the earliest albums are better, I would actually say the first 5 albums including Caravanserai and Welcome.

But I also recommend trying to track down the double album Moonflower. This is the record that first got me into Santana and it is in my opinion overlooked. It is a mix of studio and live performances. I've seen NM copies being sold in the U.K. on Discogs for as little as £4.50.
Roberto C2H3 wrote:
03 Aug 2019 02:38
SpyderTracks wrote:
02 Aug 2019 16:22
Roberto C2H3 wrote:
02 Aug 2019 13:00
I really like Santana, but I must say I prefer his earlier work. Supernatural in particular feels a bit forced to me, as if he was striving to play guitar solos through out the entire song on every song. :roll:
What would you say are your favourite Santana albums then?

I’ve only really just started exploring his stuff.

I knew him from “smooth” on supernatural which I absolutely loved.
Hola SpyderTracks :D

Carlos' first three albums are my favorites: Santana, Abraxas, and Santana 3. His name is very interesting: In Spanish, Santana means "Saint Anne". However, if you drop the last vowel you get... Santan... Which sounds a lot like Satan... Goodness gracious great balls of fire !


Best from the Pampas,
roberto
Thanks very much, have actually ordered all the ones you both suggested. Can’t hurt :D

DT999
senior member
senior member
Australia
Posts: 395
Joined: 18 May 2016 11:17

Re: Santana - Supernatural 2019 Repress

Post by DT999 » 03 Aug 2019 08:53

[/quote]

Thanks very much, have actually ordered all the ones you both suggested. Can’t hurt :D
[/quote]

👍 Let us know what you think

Post Reply