ELP - How have I missed this?

name that tune
mythrenegade

ELP - How have I missed this?

Post by mythrenegade » 16 Apr 2019 02:38

I’ve been a fan of Emerson, Lake and Palmer since high school. 30 years later I was at a record store and found a copy of Emerson Lake and Palmer (their first album) for $1.98 in the discount bin which is where I buy most of my vinyl. This album is mostly known for “Lucky Man” which is a song I’ve never cared much for. I have never owned this album before.

In short, I’m completely blown away by this record. I sincerely regret that I have not had this in my collection for over 30 years, but am instead hearing it for the first time. My second play-through will start as soon as side 2 finishes playing for the first time. Honestly I like every single song on this album more than the only song it’s known for. What an amazing effort by one of the all time great bands.

Joel

noisefreq
United States of America

Re: ELP - How have I missed this?

Post by noisefreq » 19 Apr 2019 15:37

Thus the advantage of ignoring popular music of the time and "re"discovering it later.

The down side; usually cheaper when first released.
I bet your present copy wasn't $1.98.

But occasionally you can find a record that is so market saturated it's valueless to most.
I've been scrafing up any early Passport records I run across.
They're great and they're cheap!

VinyldechezPierre
France

Re: ELP - How have I missed this?

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 19 Apr 2019 15:39

High school... 30 years later... I guess you are 10 to 15 years younger than I am. :lol:

Anyway, no matter.

Fact is there is so much music out there it is impossible to know it all. Including, yes, skipping a record by a band you like. I'm still finding new music from the last 70 years that I enjoy although I'd never heard of it before. :D

It's called life.