Life lessons you've learned from music

name that tune
vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Re: Life lessons you've learned from music

Post by vinyl master » 11 Apr 2019 06:15

Nice! Now here's another one...I really dig Rumer's version, but the original one and only First Lady of Pop has her OWN remake...Yes, ladies and gentlemen, SHE'S BACK!! And I'm not just talking about the title of her 39th album...Check out her remake here...And she has truly seen a lot in her lifetime! Her words speak to us NOW more than ever!! Take a listen...

Hearing that is like "deja vu"...And I can't think of ONE song that makes more sense right now than THAT one! =D>

As they used to say back in the day, "Can I get an amen???" :)

Big B5515
long player
long player

Post by Big B5515 » 25 Apr 2019 06:55

Having been overly busy running everyone around, keeping things in order, and trying to keep up with everything else that needs doing, or has gone wrong recently, a rap song title from my younger days had been coming to mind. While I found a song by this title spelled correctly by several other artists, the version I remembered was by the Fat Boys, "If It Ain't One Thing It's Annuddah (Bruddah)". While the circumstances may differ, it's message is a lesson that holds true. Between me being the only legal and\or able driver in house, both our riding lawnmowers falling apart, the inability to keep antifreeze in the SUV (cracked block or cylinder head?), wrecked truck, put off house repairs, and all the other aggravations, expenses and dilemmas in life to be dealt with on a very tight budget, I thought the song title sums it up well, and was also fitting for keeping this thread going.

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 25 Apr 2019 23:16

Well, B...I've got another one from "Mr. Look So Good" here...

Similar themes...

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 25 Apr 2019 23:17

Of course, here is one answer to the problem...The ultimate life lesson in one title...

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 25 Apr 2019 23:23

Take it from Gloria Estefan here, there's "always tomorrow"...

If anyone knows about triumphing over adversity, it's her...

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 25 Apr 2019 23:36

She's definitely come out of the dark...

Life is never easy and the rest is unknown, but we can all learn a little from her example...Whatever you do, don't give up!

Honestly, I cried when I heard about her tour bus accident, but she's shown us all over these years what it truly means to persevere! =D>

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 26 Apr 2019 00:03

And, as her daughter shows, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... :)

Big B5515
long player
long player

Post by Big B5515 » 01 May 2019 20:54

A album I listened to last night, CW McCall's "Roses For Mama" had a couple of those life lesson songs that just really make you stop and think. The first one and album title track is not only about the topic of thinking of one's mother, and generosity, it makes one think how fortunate some of us are to still have our mother around which is all to easy to take for granted in a busy life.

And I think "Living Within My Means" from the same album deserves mention too.

Note that the actual album was not yet on YouTube, but I did find similar versions of the songs.
Last edited by Big B5515 on 01 May 2019 21:07, edited 2 times in total.

Big B5515
long player
long player

Post by Big B5515 » 01 May 2019 21:00

And from CW McCall & Co, I Iish There Was More That I Could Give, another deep one.

Now 6 albums and a CD in to collecting, and I haven't heard much of CW McCall I didn't like yet.

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 02 May 2019 03:26

You know, B...You about had me in tears with that "Roses For Mama" song...I think Red Sovine and Jim Reeves would be right up your alley, too, as Red also did that song...

Here's one from Jim you might like, too...

I know my classic country (thanks to my Dad, who got me hooked on it), but I also know my soul, funk and jazz...

In fact, funny you should mention mothers there, Big B...One of my favorite blue-eyed soul and funk artists out of Norway wrote a great song about his mom and I think it's very apropos with Mother's Day around the corner...And if you haven't spoken to your mother in a long time, what are you waiting for??? :-k

And I'd like to thank all the moms out there, especially my own mother, who give us strength and love every day! :) Where would we be in this life without our moms and their guidance??? :-k

I don't wanna know! [-X

So, if any of you still have your mothers around, be thankful for them! Life is too short to spend it hating and being angry and we must appreciate the time we have with our loved ones while we can... [-o<

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 02 May 2019 03:31

Speaking more of moms, here is another one from The Backstreet Boys (I know, I know...), but it really is a loving tribute to mothers everywhere! =D>

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 02 May 2019 03:49

As Abraham Lincoln, our 16th president once said, "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." Truer words were never spoken!

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 02 May 2019 03:53

Another one, but from a mother's perspective...

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 02 May 2019 03:58

Here's one from a father's eyes, too...

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 02 May 2019 04:05

If you're a parent, one thing I can say is this...Believe in your kids...You have no idea what it means to them and this is coming from someone on the other end who had people in his life who believed in him, encouraged him and had his back...