What would you do?

name that tune
ElectricRipple
United States of America

What would you do?

Post by ElectricRipple » 08 Feb 2019 02:18

I'm new here, so hi everyone... I'm also new at buying new, kinda expensive records. I just received today a 6 lp set of Phish's Bakers dozen, and one of them has some manufacturing pitting on the first 30 seconds of one. Would you return it? Can I return it? Is this just a risk you take?

Vinylfreak86
long player
long player

Re: What would you do?

Post by Vinylfreak86 » 08 Feb 2019 17:48

That is one of the reason why I decided to buy only those records new, where I can make a research how good is mastering, pressing, how serious is label which releases it. Because I have some new records which practicaly never goes on a turntable because of bad mastering or bad pressing. But I was unable to return them. Wasted money. But On the other hand I don`t have any old record which I would avoid, even the cheaper ones sound great.

VinyldechezPierre
France

Re: What would you do?

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 09 Feb 2019 14:25

ElectricRipple wrote:
08 Feb 2019 02:18
Would you return it? Can I return it?
I would, if it is possible.

Can you? Depends on where you bought it. From a record store, just take it back.

From e-bay, if the problem wasn't mentioned in the description then you can return it. If it was sealed however, you're out of luck. I don't buy sealed records.

From Discogs, not sure what the return policy is but the one problem I've had there was taken care of by the vendor right away.

From anywhere else, you're probably stuck with it.