How do you separate the art from the artist?

name that tune
H. callahan

Re: How do you separate the art from the artist?

Post by H. callahan » 06 Feb 2019 04:27

JDJX wrote:
05 Feb 2019 05:44
Of course, the John Lennon comment was taken completely out of context.
He never meant that The Beatles were more important than Christ. It was a condemnation of the public that did not give Christ more attention than the they gave The Beatles.
Of course it was. But i don´t think that such an out of context comment would have the same effect today (well, if there was a band today being as popular as the beatles were).
VinyldechezPierre wrote:
05 Feb 2019 11:09
Too bad you don't show where you are from because our culture, whether native or learned, influences how we see/understand things. Native or learned because, although I am french, I lived in the USA between the ages of 17 and 53 so that both culture influence me equally in my world and life view.
Europe, catholic.

I think hate of islam today also is related to 9/11.

VinyldechezPierre
France

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 06 Feb 2019 17:15

H. callahan wrote:
06 Feb 2019 04:27
JDJX wrote:
05 Feb 2019 05:44
Of course, the John Lennon comment was taken completely out of context.
He never meant that The Beatles were more important than Christ. It was a condemnation of the public that did not give Christ more attention than the they gave The Beatles.
Of course it was. But i don´t think that such an out of context comment would have the same effect today (well, if there was a band today being as popular as the beatles were).
VinyldechezPierre wrote:
05 Feb 2019 11:09
Too bad you don't show where you are from because our culture, whether native or learned, influences how we see/understand things. Native or learned because, although I am french, I lived in the USA between the ages of 17 and 53 so that both culture influence me equally in my world and life view.
Europe, catholic.

I think hate of islam today also is related to 9/11.
People are as nuts today as they were yesterday. Check out the Maroon 5 nipple incident.................. :lol:

As for your location, didn't mean to put you on the spot especially since I realized mine wasn't showing either.

About the hate of islam being related to 9/11, I believe that is mostly in the USA.

streetpussy

Post by streetpussy » 25 Feb 2019 10:37

A first pressing of Death in June's "Nada!" somehow sold for $50 on eBay the other day and I didn't even bother checking it after a couple days because I figured it would've gone for $200+

Just thought I'd leave this here since Douglas P is a gay Jew but is somehow a fascist for using Nazi imagery. It's odd how Joy Division gets no flak though. Like, people know where the name Joy Division came from, right?