I quit, no more new vinyl.

name that tune
Gravitar8
Canada

Re: I quit, no more new vinyl.

Post by Gravitar8 » 10 Feb 2019 20:14

Recently bought the Soul Cages new vinyl (I think it was an east European pressing..Hungary?). Having listened to the Q-sound encoded CD back in the 1990s a LOT, I decided to take a chance on a 15$ eBay listing. The new LP arrived within 2 weeks and I saved the first spin until a short while ago. It sounds fantastic and is perhaps one of my top 10 sounding LPs. Did I get lucky or are others buying new vinyl unlucky? You tell me....

milford moore

Post by milford moore » 10 Feb 2019 20:36

Hi, Gravitar8...I think you got lucky. I bought 6 new LPs last year - Annie Lennox, Norah Jones, Lee Ann Womack - just to name three. I had to return all of them except a Lake Street Dive album. Terrible sound and lots of surface noise. There's just no quality control and the powers that be just pump 'em out to take advantage of the renewed popularity of vinyl. I don't know if I'll buy new again - at least not until things change in terms of QC.

Cheers!
milford moore

Gravitar8
Canada

Post by Gravitar8 » 10 Feb 2019 20:45

B U M M E R though I can't say I'm completely surprised. Cutting vinyl was (is) a craft /artform. Then there is the facility cleanliness factor and the quality (virginity) of vinyl. When it's maximum profit at the helm corners are cut. Maybe I should stick with the used (original releases) market or stay with new European LP's? Especially when new vinyl here in Ontario is hovering between 30-40$ plus taxes.

reynolds617
United States of America

Post by reynolds617 » 10 Feb 2019 22:33

Thanks for everything you do to maintain this community, JaS. If you can make any money using my amazing images, please have at it. :wink:

Sterling1
United States of America

Post by Sterling1 » 11 Feb 2019 14:48

South Central Kentucky? Tell the Everly brother that's still living hello from me. Seriously, you do not have internet? My problem in south central KY has always been cell phone service was suspect. One time while quail hunting on one of the Peabody Mines my fuel pump burnt out. With no cell service, I had to hitch a ride to Central City and then get a tow vehicle from there to my Tahoe with two cold bird dogs caged in the back happy to se me return.

VinyldechezPierre
France

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 11 Feb 2019 15:28

Sterling1 wrote:
11 Feb 2019 14:48
South Central Kentucky? Tell the Everly brother that's still living hello from me. Seriously, you do not have internet? My problem in south central KY has always been cell phone service was suspect. One time while quail hunting on one of the Peabody Mines my fuel pump burnt out. With no cell service, I had to hitch a ride to Central City and then get a tow vehicle from there to my Tahoe with two cold bird dogs caged in the back happy to se me return.
Can't wait to return to the country. Once had 50 acres a few miles outside Paris, TN (somewhat ironic for a frenchman) and it was heaven. Except for the internet... We had to get it through a satellite to get any kind of decent speed. A bigger dish than the tv one and quite expensive at that time. On the other hand, never had a problem with cell phone service although I worked all over my county (Henry) which is mostly rural.