stelar sounding new purchases

name that tune
IndigoRock2001

stelar sounding new purchases

Post by IndigoRock2001 » 04 Sep 2018 22:31

I just got Getz/Gilberto. a new copy and new pressing. This pressing has in addition to the original content this includes the 45 single versions of Girl from Ipanima and Quiet nights. I had this record 40 years ago and played it constantly, as did I suppose everyone else. This record is almost as pervasive as Whip Cream and other Delights. It's easily available in used bins, but I'm really impressed by the complete lack of surface noise and super quality of the new pressing. It sounds like the bloody master tape. There are basically NO pops or ticks, and it sounds like Stan and Joao and Astrid are all performing live in your own living room. This sounds SO great it's a stand out among ALL of my vinyl. I don't know what they did but this is certainly what the vinyl craze is all about. Unlike a lot of others I could mention. I'm just so super chuffed about this I need to shout it out to as many people in town as I can. =D>
Indi

BlazingArrow74
United States of America

Re: stelar sounding new purchases

Post by BlazingArrow74 » 11 Dec 2018 03:19

IndigoRock2001 wrote:
04 Sep 2018 22:31
I just got Getz/Gilberto. a new copy and new pressing. This pressing has in addition to the original content this includes the 45 single versions of Girl from Ipanima and Quiet nights. I had this record 40 years ago and played it constantly, as did I suppose everyone else. This record is almost as pervasive as Whip Cream and other Delights. It's easily available in used bins, but I'm really impressed by the complete lack of surface noise and super quality of the new pressing. It sounds like the bloody master tape. There are basically NO pops or ticks, and it sounds like Stan and Joao and Astrid are all performing live in your own living room. This sounds SO great it's a stand out among ALL of my vinyl. I don't know what they did but this is certainly what the vinyl craze is all about. Unlike a lot of others I could mention. I'm just so super chuffed about this I need to shout it out to as many people in town as I can. =D>
Indi
That's awesome, glad to hear. I remember feeling the same way about Classic Records' 200G reissue of Kind Of Blue about 15 years ago. It was the first reissue of a very popular & very available original record I thought sounded better than what I'd ever heard. 3 reissues have impressed me similarly: Classic Records' Kind Of Blue, Universal Japan's Innervisions, and Rhino's True Democracy (the Rhino may or may not have been sourced from digital files, but sounds amazing anyway --- Ron McMaster did not get back to me with details).

swede71
Sweden

Post by swede71 » 08 Apr 2019 18:48

I recently found Scorpions Fly to the rainbow,In trance and Virgin killer in mint condition.German 80s pressing.All sounding great.A piece of hardrock history.

Bob Dillon
United States of America

Post by Bob Dillon » 08 Apr 2019 20:39

The 180 gram Capitol reissue of Frank Sinatra - This Is Sinatra ! and Songs For Swingin' Lovers sounds good too. They are almost surely cut from digital, but they are done well, faithful to original with no funny business (NR, etc.) Vinyl that is smooth and quiet, no groove damage. The latter is something getting harder to find with 60 + year old LP releases.

greg-60s music hound
United States of America

Post by greg-60s music hound » 12 Apr 2019 23:27

The recent rhino mono reissues of the first two Buffalo Springfield albums are phenomenal sounding records particularly the second album again is quite enjoyable both in musical content and quality of pressing