the home of the turntable

1225 manual cueing

twice the fun

1225 manual cueing

Postby Johnny9 » 06 Mar 2017 01:37

Hello...my first post here

I recently picked up a 1225 "project" at a "project" price. As luck would have it operates flawlessly (almost). Mainly some cosmetic issues to address. Auto cueing and return/shut off work great and it even drops the disk with the multi record spindle. But the Manuel cueing is a problem (of all things..)

Basically when I try to move the arm across the record it won't budge from the "start" position above the record. If I gently push, the speed selector will shift to 45, but even then the arm will only go to the 45 "start" position. Only way I can free up the arm is to lower it to the record for a few revolutions then lift. After that I can move the arm to any position.

I have read the manual and don't think I am doing anything out of order.. Seems like something is binding up... any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance

Johnny
Johnny9

United States of America

Re: 1225 manual cueing

Postby dualcan » 21 Mar 2017 02:46

Hi Johnny,
The speed and size selectors are directly linked in this family of Duals since there are only two speeds and therefore only two corresponding sizes. If the arm won't budge past start groove, then we have a collision of the multi-function lever (item 212) and the tonearm's segment (245). This can be due to improper cue height adjustment or bents in either part. Have a look in that area.
Regards,
k
Klaus Adlhoch, fmr. Assistant Service Manager,
Noresco -N.Q.I.-Dual of Canada,
Area of expertise: Tech Training and Consumer Service P.R.
Associated with Dual till Thompson era.
Favorite Duals: TG 12a, 1009, 721.
dualcan
long player
long player
contributor

Canada

Re: 1225 manual cueing

Postby Johnny9 » 21 Mar 2017 04:05

Thanks for the note! Much appreciated
Johnny9

United States of America