the home of the turntable

Dual CS 435-1 with problem

twice the fun

Dual CS 435-1 with problem

Postby GijsR » 11 Jan 2017 12:35

(first TT ever, no experience)

Hi,

I Bought the CS 435-1 for really cheap but the start/stop button does not switch. It is on start and will nog move to stop.

I opened the TT on the back and I think it is the white thing that is located left from the tape. (not sure this is the problem)

Anyone any experience with this?
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2017-01-11 at 12.33.01 PM.jpeg
GijsR

Netherlands

Re: Dual CS 435-1 with problem

Postby DSJR » 11 Jan 2017 15:14

Does the deck run? If not, spin the platter by hand to complete the auto cycle and start again...
DSJR
long player
long player

United Kingdom

Re: Dual CS 435-1 with problem

Postby musicmn » 11 Jan 2017 16:58

Hi, most likely this deck is suffering from the same issue that affects all duals at this stage that have not been serviced. It's the old grease in the mechanism that's keeping a lever from moving to shut the turntable off. I can see what appears to be old grease on part of the mechanism right next to the motor. The mechanism will need to be disassembled and cleaned of ALL old grease. Then fresh grease needs to be applied as the mechanism is assembled. Check the library section on this site for the service manual. Read it through a bunch of times and if you feel this is something you can do then give it a try. If not then try to find someone in your area that has experience with servicing turntables. I hope this helps.
musicmn
long player
long player
contributor

United States of America

Return to Dual