Dual Service

twice the fun
jcvb555
United States of America

Re: Dual Service

Post by jcvb555 » 14 Jul 2019 22:52

I just finished cleaning and lubricating a 1225 / CS18. I soldered in new phono cables, and everything is working
ok except... The needle in the old cartridge is pretty bad will play kind of ok so I know cartridge works but needle needs replacing. Was installing a cartridge from another table and snapped off a cartridge sled lead. Can the leads
for this be replaced? Its a TK 120 and it doesn't look like there is any room to actually slide a new lead on to the sled.
Thanks for any help.

rayj3161
United States of America

Post by rayj3161 » 23 Jul 2019 01:00

My 1019 is in need of some TLC due, mainly, to non-use. I have downloaded the Service Manual and three files: Repair Stand, Motor and Cam. I am in awe of the time and effort put in to create these service instructions. My question is are there any more of these files?

Thanks for what you have done and what I have found.

Ray

philburtaj

Post by philburtaj » 14 Aug 2019 20:15

I know this response is a bit late, but make sure you also download the official Dual instructions and service manual for your turntable: https://www.vinylengine.com/library/dual/1019.shtml.
rayj3161 wrote:
23 Jul 2019 01:00
My 1019 is in need of some TLC due, mainly, to non-use. I have downloaded the Service Manual and three files: Repair Stand, Motor and Cam. I am in awe of the time and effort put in to create these service instructions. My question is are there any more of these files?

Thanks for what you have done and what I have found.

Ray

Vtfast
United States of America

Post by Vtfast » 02 Sep 2019 01:09

I have been reading through all of this and I cannot seem to find which idler wheels on which units. Mine is a 1019 and the idler wheel is cracked and in bad shape, I suppose it’s from incorrect handling in the past. Any help on what idler will work would be a great help.
Thanks.

circularvibes
long player
long player

Post by circularvibes » 02 Sep 2019 02:07

Vtfast wrote:
02 Sep 2019 01:09
I have been reading through all of this and I cannot seem to find which idler wheels on which units. Mine is a 1019 and the idler wheel is cracked and in bad shape, I suppose it’s from incorrect handling in the past. Any help on what idler will work would be a great help.
Thanks.
This is what you need. You will have to follow his directions on returning your old one for buying his new one. They are rebuilt with new rubber tires. http://thevoiceofmusic.com/catalog/part ... ategories=

Vtfast
United States of America

Post by Vtfast » 02 Sep 2019 20:45

This was perfect! I ordered one today, thank you for the link and information.

Kashofa
United States of America

Post by Kashofa » 15 Oct 2019 03:51

Dual 1019 continuous repeat problem notes.

My 1019 was repeating instead of stopping in single-play mode. The main cam has two paths and which path is followed determines whether the tone arm repeats or stops. Referring to the 1019 service manual it is the cam follower (137) position that selects the path to follow. And it is the change lever (195) that moves the cam follower to the stop position.

Now the service manual says to correct this problem you should “re-adjust [the] the change lever”, but offers no info on exactly how you make that adjustment. To be clear: you bend it. After spending at least an hour reading, looking, searching, thinking and watching the mechanism over and over as I cycled it by hand I wondered if I could just bend it into the position described in the manual. Yes, you can. Apparently in this case the meaning of “adjust” is “bend forcibly”.

After making this adjustment my 1019 is shutting off correctly.