So I Won this 1229Q....

twice the fun
David2431
United States of America

So I Won this 1229Q....

Post by David2431 » 30 Nov 2019 16:58

and kinda ignored the fact the Start/Stop lever was in what I consider an awkward position (it's pointing at a 2:00 position - sorry, can't get a picture to attach to this post!)

I already have two 1229Qs in pristine condition and was looking for another dust cover and some spare parts (motor, idler, strobe lamp) if I couldn't fix this one as well.

It was advertised to power up and the platter spin, so that's a good sign.

I use my current tables as single play and hardly ever touch a control lever, so I'm not about to go twisting on things to duplicate the lever position.

Any ideas or experiences with the levers? Is this normal or an easy fix?

Thanks so much!

mrow2
long player
long player
United States of America

Re: So I Won this 1229Q....

Post by mrow2 » 01 Dec 2019 05:40

Don't force it, whatever you do. Since you already have two others, one good method of determining the issue is to have this one along with one of the other two units inverted and resting side by side, on a soft, protective surface (preferably with cardboard support rings) and compare the way these two assemblies are supposed to be set up. Either the lever is broken, or something has come loose, or maybe it was forced in the past. At any rate, this is one way to see exactly how the arms should interact. It would be a shame to destroy this machine in order to harvest a few parts; virtually any of these can be fully restored to operating condition with TLC.

David2431
United States of America

Re: So I Won this 1229Q....

Post by David2431 » 01 Dec 2019 06:38

mrow- Thanks! I'll dig into it when it arrives.