Have uploaded user manual for Dual CS 530 turntable

twice the fun
UsableThought
United States of America

Have uploaded user manual for Dual CS 530 turntable

Post by UsableThought » 19 Nov 2019 12:44

I've just completed a very satisfactory maintenance job (cleaning & lubing) of my 36-year-old Dual CD 530 turntable. It was a cheap turntable in 1983 and it's a cheap turntable today - but I'm not an audiophile & it will do fine for my limited purpose of burning my remaining vinyl to digital format. The lubrication had completely seized up; now everything works perfectly again.

It was here at VinylEngine that I found the service manual. Also useful was a long thread w/ pics posted by jdubbie, CS 515 teardown and cam service. As a small gesture of thanks in return, I have uploaded (via the upload-to-library page) a scan of the user manual for the CS 530. Don't know when it will ever be used, but hey, somebody out there might have one of these & want to fix it up just as I did.

I have a separate question about my 36-year-old phono cartridge but will post that on the "Cartridges and Preamps" sub-forum.

spensar
Canada

Re: Have uploaded user manual for Dual CS 530 turntable

Post by spensar » 19 Nov 2019 13:00

Good stuff. If you have manuals for other gear they can be uploaded to hifiengine as well. I pick up orphaned manuals when I see them at yard and estate sales and upload them if there are no copies on the sites.