BIC 980 Turntable

twice the fun
paulrenea

BIC 980 Turntable

Post by paulrenea » 06 Sep 2019 04:09

Recently was give a BIC 980 turntable. The tonearm is separated at the upper spindle bearing point. There are no mounting screw options. There is no old glue as well to hold the two items together. Any suggestions for correctly joining the two together properly?

musicmn
long player
long player
United States of America

Re: BIC 980 Turntable

Post by musicmn » 06 Sep 2019 13:40

Hi Paul, you posted this question in the wrong forum you need to post this in the turntables and tonearm forum. Please include a couple of clear pictures of the issue you are having with the tonearm. I just finished servicing a Bic 940 and I have a 980 waiting in the wings for a new cam wheel. So I should be able to help you out.

paulrenea

Post by paulrenea » 11 Sep 2019 23:52

Thank you for responding to my question. I will take a couple of photos and see if wife will get them to where they are more likely to be seen.

paulrenea

Post by paulrenea » 12 Sep 2019 00:02

I'm not very good at finding my way around to be able to locate turntables and tonearm forum and start a new question. I may just forget about it as that is an easy option. Selling working and non working electronics related stuff locally is not easy and I'd rather not get entangled with eBay and it's many agreement clauses and problems with buyers.

musicmn
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by musicmn » 12 Sep 2019 00:59

Hi Paul, I don't know how this forum is laid out on your computer but directly under the Vinylengine header is the word Forum. Just click on that word and it will take you to the forums pages. Scroll down until you find the Turntables and Tonearm forum then click on that. Once you are on that forum just post your question like you did here. To upload pictures to this site first click on full editor button below your post. Then scroll down until you see upload attachments click on that button and follow the directions. The pictures you upload to this site must be less then 1mb in size or they will not upload. Believe me if I can navigate this site anybody can. I hope this helps.