1229 I think I have found the culprit affecting tone-arm movement

twice the fun
Dual Wielding
Australia

1229 I think I have found the culprit affecting tone-arm movement

Post by Dual Wielding » 14 Jul 2019 07:24

Whenever I try the automatic start routine on my 1229 the tone-arm would lift and move across an inch or so then stop. The "pawl complete" (part 216 791) which is connected to the Switch Arm (218 308) is stopping the segment from rotating past a certain point, as shown here ..

https://youtu.be/GruGvMyr9no

The tone arm moves normally when there is no pressure on the steuerpimpel, but when it is pushed down you can see the segment assembly goes down slightly. The little metal nub (couldn't spot it in the manual diagrams so not sure of correct name or part number) runs into a crossbar on the pawl.

What would the cause of this be?
Is this supposed to be an area with minimal tolerance or is this abnormally close?

What should I do to correct it. Is the segment sitting at the wrong height or should that copper arm on the segment be bent up a little?

* side note: I have to replace the broken rubber washer ring (216 845) that is around the single/multi lifter. Perhaps this comes into play?

ricksbsa
United States of America

Re: 1229 I think I have found the culprit affecting tone-arm movement

Post by ricksbsa » 15 Jul 2019 02:10

It she 184 main lever pushing the steurenpimpel that far down and did you adjust the 184 main lever? That much force is distorting the proper position of 201 segment.