the home of the turntable

Dual Pitch Question

twice the fun

Dual Pitch Question

Postby Guitarzan » 14 Nov 2017 16:36

Is there a secret tip out there for getting the Adjusting Nut (110) back on the Screw Post of the Pitch Control? I can't get the plastic cap to thread back on, I know the assembly has spring tension that you have to press down on, but it still won't take a thread
Thank You,
Phil
The Illuminati faked us out with those plastic CD's. Vinyl's Back !
Guitarzan

United States of America

Re: Dual Pitch Question

Postby Spinner45 » 14 Nov 2017 18:34

Do we have to search every Dual service manual for the specific model in question?
Spinner45

United States of America

Postby Guitarzan » 15 Nov 2017 02:21

CS-1249 Dual.
Guitarzan

United States of America

Postby Spinner45 » 15 Nov 2017 02:37

Page 4 and 5 of the service manual covers it quite well.
Spinner45

United States of America

Postby Guitarzan » 15 Nov 2017 05:56

Yes I see that. It says mount the adjusting but (110). The problem is it won't catch a thread, I thought there maybe a tip on getting it to mount.
Guitarzan

United States of America

Postby Tinkaroo » 15 Nov 2017 09:32

I'm not an expert on this procedure, but I believe you have to apply a bit of downward pressure on the counter bearing assembly in order for it to allow you enough clearance to get the threads on the adjusting nut 110 started. (see bottom of page 4 in the manual for description and illustration of parts mentioned.)

When you a apply this slight downward pressure with your finger on the counter bearing assembly it will cause the motor pulley to open up a bit. How much that pulley opens up or not is how the speed is adjusted.
Tinkaroo
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Postby fscl » 15 Nov 2017 11:11

The adjustment distances are crucial.

In this case, the top of motor pulley - 116, should be adjusted to 14.2 mm above the top plate. If this is too high on the motor shaft, you may not have enough down movement to allow nut - 110 to catch. Also, the tooth belt pulley - 112, drives a cam up and down, move the cam to the lowest / position and you again can get 110 to catch.

The crucial adjustment dimension is 14.2 of the top of motor pulley above the top plate which should give the pitch assembly enough travel.

Good luck

Fred
Music is Everything....Except Predictable....Music Discovery Starts Here.....WFUV Member
fscl
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
contributor

United States of America

Postby Guitarzan » 15 Nov 2017 20:34

OK, I got with it today on the 1249 and got the Adjusting Nut Mounted. Not sure why it was easier to do today but it went right back on and pitch control is dead on 33.3 rpm.

So this was 1249 # 2 for me. It needed a little more than the first one. It had a blown Spark Cap., and needed a neon Strobe bulb, a Steurerpimple and drive belt.

I hope my nephew enjoys it, he has my old record collection so he needs a good Turntable.

Thanks for the help guys.
Guitarzan

United States of America

Return to Dual