INSTEAD of listening?

anything and nothing
Lazarus Short

Re: INSTEAD of listening?

Post by Lazarus Short » 17 Jul 2014 23:34

For weeks now, it's been getting settled into a new house. The shop system is getting more listening time than the main system.

DanHan

Post by DanHan » 08 Sep 2014 21:35

vinyl master wrote:Could you imagine one day utilizing some voice-recognition technology where you could say "Play CCR", and a woman's voice would ask you, "Which album?", and then give you a list to choose from. This technology wouldn't just be in your car, but in your house, on your phone, through your Google glasses or smartwatch. Maybe even a chip in your brain! If I asked her to "Play Pure Jade Green's 45' of "Boot-Leg", she wouldn't know what I was talking about. Remember, just because music is easier doesn't always mean it's better! Which is why technology can suck, vinyl rules, and my imagination is way over-the-top! :lol:

Siri does it if you ask her but, You have to say the artist and album/song at the same time. Handy when driving :)

I like to play guitar, video games, work on my old vw, rock climb, MTB and just about anything else outdoors really 8)

duficity
long player
long player

Post by duficity » 09 Sep 2014 18:49

Lately have been rebuilding boats for fishing and family boating use. Have 3.5 of them now. Actually takes more time and money than rebuilding turntables, but just as much fun. Not much motorcycling since my accident, which also cramped my mountain biking.

jc_the_trucker

Post by jc_the_trucker » 09 Sep 2014 19:58

duficity wrote: Not much motorcycling since my accident, which also cramped my mountain biking.
That's too bad :(. I've had to do a lot of motorcycling recently, since my pickup blew it's front transmission seal. Oh well, 23 years isn't too bad for a transmission. I haven't decided if I want to get it fixed, but I probably will.

Being in Florida, your not short on good fishing though!

bauzace50
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Post by bauzace50 » 09 Sep 2014 22:00

Hi,
The transmission on my Mitsubishi SUV started slipping around 205,000 miles. Took about two weeks to fail after that. Now it has a replacement generic one which works decently. That is 15 years after acquiring the vehicle. Pretty good, I think.
b50

jc_the_trucker

Post by jc_the_trucker » 09 Sep 2014 22:52

Yeah, 15 years and 205000 is pretty good, I wouldn't have expected a mitsu to last that long to be honest. My Ford F-150's milage is lower, 180,000. But I can't expect any seal to last much longer than 23 years regardless of mileage. I haven't had any problems with slipping, as long as I kept the fluid topped off (the rear seal has had a slow leak for the last 3 years). It used to need about half a quart every month or so, but when it dumps almost all of its fluid in two hours..... That needs fixing. I will probably opt for a rebuilt Ford tranny if I decide to fix it. The only other funky transmission thing it did was shift hard into second gear, but my research suggests that that is a problem with the throttle position sensor and not the transmission. One more thing for the to do list, at least I can do that myself when I have the time.

lensmanMK2
long player
long player

Post by lensmanMK2 » 10 Sep 2014 16:53

ive always used magnafine filters on my auto transmissions cracking little filters.

cermet compounds also work well in mitigating some of the damage,i always cut the filters open to see whats in there after flushing the auto box,before the cermet i was getting a bit of swarf every change.. not much.after the cermet there was zero!

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 09 Oct 2014 12:44

Been concentrating on my shooting recently. I have been picked for the NQRA district team and I am going for the practice shoot on Saturday, then a few days after I am going to do the actual team shoot. I recently won our prize shoot grand aggregate beating a guy who was in the Aus team that won gold in the world championships by a big margin, but I am nervous as hell about this team shoot. I am the young guy on the team and the nube, I just hope I dont stuff it up...
I have never shot at this level before.
Regards
Chris

bauzace50
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Post by bauzace50 » 09 Oct 2014 13:02

Be SURE to protect your hearing at all times! :shock:
b50

Alec124c41
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
Canada

Post by Alec124c41 » 09 Oct 2014 17:15

cafe latte wrote:Been concentrating on my shooting recently. I have been picked for the NQRA district team and I am going for the practice shoot on Saturday, then a few days after I am going to do the actual team shoot. I recently won our prize shoot grand aggregate beating a guy who was in the Aus team that won gold in the world championships by a big margin, but I am nervous as hell about this team shoot. I am the young guy on the team and the nube, I just hope I dont stuff it up...
Regards
Chris
Aren't you glad you got your scope sorted last year?
Go for it.

Cheers,
Alec

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 09 Oct 2014 23:13

Alec124c41 wrote:
cafe latte wrote:Been concentrating on my shooting recently. I have been picked for the NQRA district team and I am going for the practice shoot on Saturday, then a few days after I am going to do the actual team shoot. I recently won our prize shoot grand aggregate beating a guy who was in the Aus team that won gold in the world championships by a big margin, but I am nervous as hell about this team shoot. I am the young guy on the team and the nube, I just hope I dont stuff it up...
Regards
Chris
Aren't you glad you got your scope sorted last year?
Go for it.

Cheers,
Alec
Thanks Alec, Yes I am very glad i got my scope, it cost me a small fortune but it was worth it :D
Regards
Chris

bauzace50
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Post by bauzace50 » 09 Oct 2014 23:18

Fellas,
What do you do for ear protection? Wear plug-ins, or headphone-type cups?
I ask because my infantry training had NO ear protection whatsoever.

Regards,
bauzace50

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 09 Oct 2014 23:20

bauzace50 wrote:Be SURE to protect your hearing at all times! :shock:
b50
I use Peltor pro tac 2 which were the only electronic cl-5 headphones I could find (30db attenuation) most people use cl-4 for shooting, but I value my hearing very highly.
Regards
Chris

bauzace50
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Post by bauzace50 » 09 Oct 2014 23:25

Good to know!
Best wishes,
b50

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 09 Oct 2014 23:43

Anyone here shoot F class? F Standard had long been an Aus thing, but recently FTR has been getting more popular and it is what I have been shooting recently.
Regards
Chris