cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Re: The X Files (merged cable topic)

Post by cafe latte » 08 Jan 2019 04:12

derspankster wrote:
07 Jan 2019 23:38
Do you hang your coat hangers from little trellis? Must not touch the ground. Too much magnetism emanating from the earth's core for that!
Mid you Der I am using special totally natural and fully organic Jars de poop. You simply put a few of them around the listening room in strategic places and open the lids while listening and it is guaranteed you wont notice distortion anymore :-&
Chris

Spinner45
long player
long player

Post by Spinner45 » 08 Jan 2019 05:46

cafe latte wrote:
08 Jan 2019 04:12
derspankster wrote:
07 Jan 2019 23:38
Do you hang your coat hangers from little trellis? Must not touch the ground. Too much magnetism emanating from the earth's core for that!
Mid you Der I am using special totally natural and fully organic Jars de poop. You simply put a few of them around the listening room in strategic places and open the lids while listening and it is guaranteed you wont notice distortion anymore :-&
Chris
Oh good lord almighty!

Japi Roelofs
long player
long player
Netherlands

Post by Japi Roelofs » 08 Jan 2019 10:58

cafe latte wrote:
Chris
#STOP THE FUNK

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 08 Jan 2019 12:32

Japi Roelofs wrote:
08 Jan 2019 10:58
cafe latte wrote:
Chris
#STOP THE FUNK
I can send yo some poop in a jar if you like :D

vanakaru

Post by vanakaru » 08 Jan 2019 15:21

Now I understand why cable talk will pop up again and again. Some people just wouldn't let to discuss this - they just fill the topic with their poop. And new attempt must be made. Not good behaviour to my standards.

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 08 Jan 2019 22:59

vanakaru wrote:
08 Jan 2019 15:21
Now I understand why cable talk will pop up again and again. Some people just wouldn't let to discuss this - they just fill the topic with their poop. And new attempt must be made. Not good behaviour to my standards.
The cows are round the house again so the poop will be fresh, brings the smell of the country into the listening room, I guarantee it will make a huge difference to your listening experience, far more than any cable can :D And the more jars open the greater the effect, and the jars of poop also help you get the best seat in the listening room, actually normally you will find yourself on your own in there. No wire can do all this :lol: Unlike other snake oil mods the air in the room really does change and will affect the listening experience for sure :D
Chris

dysmike
Germany

Post by dysmike » 08 Jan 2019 23:04

cafe latte wrote:
08 Jan 2019 22:59

The cows are round the house again so the poop will be fresh, brings the smell of the country into the listening room, I guarantee it will make a huge difference to your listening experience, far more than any cable can
What are they eating?

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 08 Jan 2019 23:14

dysmike wrote:
08 Jan 2019 23:04
cafe latte wrote:
08 Jan 2019 22:59

The cows are round the house again so the poop will be fresh, brings the smell of the country into the listening room, I guarantee it will make a huge difference to your listening experience, far more than any cable can
What are they eating?
Grass, there is a cow paddock near the house, when rain comes grass grows so I move a few of the herd to the house paddocks to keep the grass down.
Chris

dysmike
Germany

Post by dysmike » 08 Jan 2019 23:27

cafe latte wrote:
08 Jan 2019 23:14

Grass, there is a cow paddock near the house, when rain comes grass grows so I move a few of the herd to the house paddocks to keep the grass down.
Chris
Not quite as pleasant as alfalfa, but it'll work.

addicted-to-analog
United States of America

Post by addicted-to-analog » 09 Jan 2019 00:24

vanakaru wrote:
Some folks do seem to be afraid to let anyone have a simple conversation regarding cable and wire.

Always seems to degenerate quickly into hangers and "cow poop".

@JaS - I'm not sure if you are open to suggestions but if you are, my suggestion, with respect, is to put it in the site rules that no discussions regarding wire and cable are allowed at Vinyl Engine.

Then lock or delete any threads discussing wire or cable when they are started.

The alternative is that some new poster starts a wire/cable thread, the "usual suspects" jump in and render any rational discussion impossible and then the posts get moved here.

It might save a lot of time and frustration to simply not allow the wire/cable threads in the first place.

Thank you for your consideration.

Chuck Glider
Great Britain

Post by Chuck Glider » 09 Jan 2019 01:21

Wow, this degenerated into an irrational tirade about coat hangers, cows n poop.

Yet everyone here seems to agree that thin cables don't sound as good as thicker ones. And it's scientific fact that losses are not just from resistance, but also capacitance between + & - conductors and inductance of the wires, both of which can change the phase of voltage and current in the signal. Timing and synchronisation basically. Long cable runs would be especially affected.

Nuts

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 09 Jan 2019 02:49

Chuck Glider wrote:
09 Jan 2019 01:21
Wow, this degenerated into an irrational tirade about coat hangers, cows n poop.

Yet everyone here seems to agree that thin cables don't sound as good as thicker ones. And it's scientific fact that losses are not just from resistance, but also capacitance between + & - conductors and inductance of the wires, both of which can change the phase of voltage and current in the signal. Timing and synchronisation basically. Long cable runs would be especially affected.

Nuts
Not true Nuts, losses from resistance are super tiny even in thin wire, capacitance is basically irrelevant in speaker wire unless you are talking about stupid cat 5 speaker cable where capacitance is huge and can send your amp up in smoke. Capacitance does not change phase of anything this is just not true.
Chris

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 09 Jan 2019 03:03

addicted-to-analog wrote:
09 Jan 2019 00:24
vanakaru wrote:
Some folks do seem to be afraid to let anyone have a simple conversation regarding cable and wire.

Always seems to degenerate quickly into hangers and "cow poop".

@JaS - I'm not sure if you are open to suggestions but if you are, my suggestion, with respect, is to put it in the site rules that no discussions regarding wire and cable are allowed at Vinyl Engine.

Then lock or delete any threads discussing wire or cable when they are started.

The alternative is that some new poster starts a wire/cable thread, the "usual suspects" jump in and render any rational discussion impossible and then the posts get moved here.

It might save a lot of time and frustration to simply not allow the wire/cable threads in the first place.

Thank you for your consideration.
Wire gets discussed a lot on this and other forums, problem is with wire there is those who dont know much about electronics and electricity and buy into the BS and there are those who have much experience and some who have electronics degrees and electronic engineers who know how things work and know what is BS and what is not. The problem is some wire myths are deep set and even when presented with the facts these people wont move. We have discussed silver wire, silver plated wire and the tiny differences in resistance and reasons it wont matter, we have covered capacitance and why it is irrelevant in speaker wire (up to a point as in too high is bad) and skin effect and silver plated wire and why it is pointless in hifi as frequencies are way to low for any gains. It has been discussed and explained that electricity does not actually flow as most understand and explained why this is important and not important in wire section, interconnects too have been done to death and all the real science explained but the flat earth society keeps going on and on about how they can hear a difference yet nobody ever has in a double blind test not a surprise as it is impossible. Yet seems here on VE even the missus dog and even the cat can tell the difference between wire in the parallel universe that is hifi were the laws of physics dont apply.
Chris

Spinner45
long player
long player

Post by Spinner45 » 09 Jan 2019 03:48

I count 118 pages of discussion/debate about this topic.
118 pages?
Now, isn't that just a little bit weird?
118 pages about the principals of wire?
Think about it.

hoolio
Australia

Post by hoolio » 09 Jan 2019 04:56

We should have two threads.
One for those that say there is a difference and one for those who say there is no difference.
There would be a rule that no thread can comment on the other.
You gotta keep 'em separated :lol:
Simple :shock: