Post by vinyl master » 10 Sep 2019 04:57

Then again, since I had three of them, how about this one in their honor? :-k

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Re: Music you've dedicated to a pet.

Post by vinyl master » 10 Sep 2019 05:19

Since "Squeaks" was an alley cat that was given to me by my aunt and because he was a stray from a rundown house next to my aunt's house, I have one more for him, too...I remember that he was deathly afraid of humans and wouldn't allow anyone to pet him...He would hiss at anyone who tried! But, I spent a lot of time with him and showed him that humans were not the bad people he thought they were...He was left behind when my aunt's neighbors moved, leaving a mess of cats in their backyard and a lot of overgrown grass...I think he had been abused a little, too...He grew to be one of the most loyal pets I ever had and became so friendly when he realized I wasn't out to hurt him...I may have not always been good to him as he was to me, and for that, I am extremely sorry, but he and I shared a bond of trust that showed me that even the most feral or cruel of animals (or humans, for that matter) could be rehabilitated! A more devoted pet there never was, so this is for him! :)

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 10 Sep 2019 05:25

Oh, what the hey...Why not one more??? :-k

Big B5515
long player
long player

Post by Big B5515 » 10 Sep 2019 17:13

vinyl master wrote:
10 Sep 2019 02:12
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one...
I meant to add that the doggie in the window song is kind of universal, I'm sure I have a 78 or so of it around. The funny thing is every time I heard mom singing that one to a puppy in a pet store or breeder's place, it often followed with this one on the way home weather we needed it or not. #-o

Also another farly universal song that comes to mind for new arrivals, or our notably small pets over the years.

Squeaks sounds a bit like Muffin, a black alleycat Mom had rescued in Chicogo before I was born. He was around till I was around 10 and never was too friendly, but did warm up to me over time, as with Sua. There was also a friendlier cat naned Richard that came along shortly after, but i do not recall either of these having a song in paticular like Sua. I, too had a couple stray cats i came to love, first a white, battleworn tomcat i found in the park, and named Chesterfield C Cat. He was with me several years, sounded like a pig eating, and always had stomach problems. One day, a friend accidently let him out of the house and he never came back. A few years later, I stayed at a private campground for the better part of a year, and a black Meine Coon looking cat came along, i won his heart with a campfire roasted hot dog, and he was with me for close to 10 years. He was named Urkle over a sound he made, and had a song based on this all too familiar classical operatic piece I never could seem to remember the name of...

I do kind of like that Kitty song by Racey, and may just have a cat taking to me again with that one I pictured elsewhere nursing on my current Chow. He seems to be sleeping at the foot of my bed much more often now. As he sort of thinks he's a dog, I've been calling him Meowser.
https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_f ... &mode=view

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 10 Sep 2019 17:54

I've always liked the Clyde McPhatter version of that song... :)

A little more energetic, much like the animals I tended to over the years...In fact, at night the cats would get all manic i.e. the "midnight crazies", as I call it...I thought they got enough exercise, but I guess not... :( They did this when they were younger...In fact, Tiger (when he was a kitten) would often speed through the house and I remember, we had this old wooden console TV in the living room and he would sprint through the hallway, turn a corner and slam right into it...Sometimes, I wondered if that cat suffered a bit of brain damage for years after that... :crazy:

Here's another one for him...

Big B5515
long player
long player

Post by Big B5515 » 21 Sep 2019 21:35

vinyl master wrote:
08 Sep 2019 04:21
I like Fudge, B! 8) Put a cape on him and he can be "Superfudge", like the Judy Blume book! :lol:
Feeling a little concerned I'm going overboard with irrelevant pictures, I'll risk one more as Fudge hasn't had his picture taken in over 14 years, so as promised, and before his expiration date,...
IMG_2260.JPG
"Superfudge"
(117.82 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
(I thought I had already posted this, apologies if duplicated)

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 22 Sep 2019 12:55

He's a star, B! Just a star! 8)

rewfew
long player
long player

Post by rewfew » 22 Sep 2019 15:35

I've myself succomed to this state on occasion or two with some women. Clifton knows what it means.
I'm A Hog For You Baby.

VinyldechezPierre
France

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 24 Sep 2019 15:17

Not sure if it fits your thread but I bought an album because of one of my dogs.
B-Odelay.jpg
(85.39 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
I have no photos of mine, name was Mop, but he looked just like that.

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 24 Sep 2019 17:55

I bought a similar album...Not familiar with the music, but I bought it because the dog on the cover looked so much like my sister's Boston!

Big B5515
long player
long player

Post by Big B5515 » 19 Nov 2019 00:05

Having been unable to catch, or get a picture of this cat named Leroy Brown in a good while, there is one song I have not yet posted, but definitely goes with this oldest remaining tomcat from the first litter of feral cats that began hanging around with our dogs about 3 years back. Seems he's finally beginning to be more trusting in recent days, but still somewhat camera shy.
IMG_2304.JPG
(64.36 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Bad Bad Leroy Brown

And while I posted it in the Living with pets thread, I think this one I heard on the radio in picture background a couple weeks back belongs here too. Now every time I see cats & kittens running around the house, I start thinking of it.

Me-ow One Step

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 19 Nov 2019 05:53

Or there is THIS thing here??? :? 10 hours of THIS thing here??? #-o

Ain't it just purr-fect??? :lol: ](*,)