Post by vinyl master » 31 Jul 2018 03:38

She also got to meet ONE of them! :D

Alec124c41
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
Canada

Re: Remember when you were a kid...

Post by Alec124c41 » 31 Jul 2018 04:46

vinyl master wrote:And then, possibly a nuclear physicist in young Brielle here...

She will have to learn Tom Lehrer's Element song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2cfju6GTNs

Cheers,
Alec

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 20 Aug 2018 09:55

Oh, she knows quite a bit! :D

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 20 Aug 2018 09:56

Now, JDJX has brought THIS girl to my attention! All aboard!! :D

Her name is Rikki, and she's doing a fine job! We like to call ourselves "Engineers" here, but she's actually doing it!! =D>

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 20 Aug 2018 10:12

Here's another one...This is how you get them interested!

Tinkaroo
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Canada

Post by Tinkaroo » 20 Aug 2018 10:14

It's amazing what kids can do unless they listen to others telling them they can't! =D>

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 20 Aug 2018 11:12

vinyl master wrote:We also have Shelby who owns...yes...quite a collection of cockroaches!

Depending on where you live, you might have some to give her! :lol:
I think one of my tenants collects cockroaches :lol: cant wait for them to move out, they pay the rent but soooooooo dirty.
CHris

Samcp

Post by Samcp » 20 Aug 2018 11:25

Being 15 myself I find that I am out of place when I go trawling for old records at the local record store surrounded by crowds of middle-aged guys but I feel as though it is great because I manage to get Parents who have children and no longer have the need to keep their old records or Hifi so I tend to inherit a lot of good second-hand hi-fi and records usually for a pretty cheap price. I have a Technics Sl-1900 that I got for my birthday back in March and have been loving it ever since I also have some Epos ES25 loudspeakers and a pair of Kef 103.2's that I love dearly, My Setup at the moment is a bit jumbled because I am upgrading and switching between different amps (Technics SU-X101 and an old Cyrus Integrated Amp - Forgot the model). I also collect retro gaming system (Cus why not). But I feel as though being a young person that likes records (and Hifi) that I am seen as a 'Hipster' (friends think).

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 20 Aug 2018 12:14

Samcp wrote:Being 15 myself I find that I am out of place when I go trawling for old records at the local record store surrounded by crowds of middle-aged guys but I feel as though it is great because I manage to get Parents who have children and no longer have the need to keep their old records or Hifi so I tend to inherit a lot of good second-hand hi-fi and records usually for a pretty cheap price. I have a Technics Sl-1900 that I got for my birthday back in March and have been loving it ever since I also have some Epos ES25 loudspeakers and a pair of Kef 103.2's that I love dearly, My Setup at the moment is a bit jumbled because I am upgrading and switching between different amps (Technics SU-X101 and an old Cyrus Integrated Amp - Forgot the model). I also collect retro gaming system (Cus why not). But I feel as though being a young person that likes records (and Hifi) that I am seen as a 'Hipster' (friends think).
One of my fav speaker from way back when (your age) was a pair of Kef 104ab's, loved them to bits, gotta love that Kef sound..
Chris

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 21 Aug 2018 09:09

Samcp wrote:Being 15 myself I find that I am out of place when I go trawling for old records at the local record store surrounded by crowds of middle-aged guys but I feel as though it is great because I manage to get Parents who have children and no longer have the need to keep their old records or Hifi so I tend to inherit a lot of good second-hand hi-fi and records usually for a pretty cheap price. I have a Technics Sl-1900 that I got for my birthday back in March and have been loving it ever since I also have some Epos ES25 loudspeakers and a pair of Kef 103.2's that I love dearly, My Setup at the moment is a bit jumbled because I am upgrading and switching between different amps (Technics SU-X101 and an old Cyrus Integrated Amp - Forgot the model). I also collect retro gaming system (Cus why not). But I feel as though being a young person that likes records (and Hifi) that I am seen as a 'Hipster' (friends think).
Great to hear your story, Samcp! =D>

You've got a nice system there! You should show a pic of it by itself or with you in it! I'm sure we'd all love to see it! It's great to see someone your age getting into records big time AND using quality equipment...I started when I was 6 or 7 and really got to buying music in my teenage years, so I completely understand! It took me a while to find a decent turntable, but I'm glad I did! What are your favorite records so far? Favorite bands and/or artists? :-k

By the way...Guess what? You may be a "hipster" to THEM, but on HERE, you're an Honorary Engineer!! :mrgreen:

Welcome to VE, too...We'd love to hear more about your hi-fi experiences! =D>

And if you've found any good deals, which it looks like you have, make sure to add your two cents to our thread here! :D

https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_f ... 85&t=88346

Tinkaroo
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Canada

Post by Tinkaroo » 21 Aug 2018 09:53

This is a song by a young trio from Nova Scotia about childhood dreams.

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 26 Aug 2018 04:54

Now, here's one...Meet Maxine McCormick...She's 14 years old now and is a whiz in the flyfishing world, a traditionally male-dominated sport! :D

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/19/spor ... rmick.html

Here she is from a piece done three years ago!

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 07 Sep 2018 07:23

Now, here's a 15-year old young Swedish girl named Greta Thunberg who is setting out to change the world, as well as the climate of the world...Maybe she just might!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... ate-crisis

However you feel about the issue, as audiophiles, keep one thing in mind...Hotter temperatures mean MORE WARPED RECORDS! :(

Even Frank here could tell you that!

And I can say that we've had a record number of 90 degree days right here in Detroit, Michigan...Something's definitely not adding up! :-k

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/ar ... in-detroit

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 07 Sep 2018 07:35

Of course, she is not the first one to want to change the world...