I rec'd the Lim motor base and counter weight a couple of weeks ago and figured I'd provide some feedback after a minor setback, but overall a very positive experience.
The motor base install went fairly well, mostly as per Michael's instructions. The act of prying the motor away from the plinth gave me some concern, but the sticky tape gave in like a cheap date and it was all over fairly quickly. I did have some head scratching about how to fit the pcb into the supplied case, but figured it out after a couple of beers.
I ended up needing 2 of the supplied shims to get the motor to the right height.
The supplied feet are a little cheap-ish, but work for now (and really for the price of this upgrade I can hardly quibble about the feet) other than they are simply placed in the alum cups with no screws. My TT to is on a wall shelf, so room isolation is not a real issue. I ended up using a small piece of neoprene under the 3 feet and the motor base.
The counter weight went on easily as the rb900 end stub is different from other regas and attached with a hex bolt. In the end the stub does not get removed, but the sleeve is installed directly on the rega stub.
Initially I found I had developed a bit of a wobble problem on some records, similar to the grado "dance" problem and was scratching my head to figure out what was going on. Eventually I found a couple of posts with similar issue with the dyna 17d3 and I tried the suggestion of adding a little mass to the headsheel (2 grams in my case) and with the extra mass and a re-set of the vtf, it seems all is now good.
I emailed Michael a few times during this and he was always very quick to reply with suggestions to try to Help.
I have to start by saying this is really an incredible value for the improvement in sound for the relatively small price.
Some of the things I noticed:
Noise floor dropped a lot, much less dirt and cloud
Lf noise is just gone, no wow, nothing
I'm able to play at louder volume levels due to less noise, which really makes me happy
Bass attack improved, overall instrument attack is more realistic
Certain instruments have much more realism, eg tracy chapman's guitar on fast car is much more realistic
High freq energy is improved, percussion and other highs are crisper, less muddy with improved sustain or duration.
Imaging and sound positioning is far more solid, things stay in one place rather than move around sometimes.
The micro vibration, or the sense that an instrument like say a violin or an oboe is vibrating to make sound is far more obvious. The feeling and sound of the vibration is greatly enhanced. If you've ever sat in front of a cello you knew w what I mean.
It's not just like someone's wiped the grime off a dirty window, it's like the window is gone and nothing but natural, real sound is coming through.
Overall the improvement is striking and the value phenomenal.
Main: JMLab Mezzo Utopias, Oracle Delphi Mk 1/6, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermillion, AR Ref3, AR Ref Phono2 SE, AR Ref-75, AR CD3, Sec: Rega P6/RB2K Lim Iso base, Acrylic skeletal plinth/braces, dbl pulley, gt sub, DV 17D3, Anthem AVM60, Krell 402e, Totem Mani-2, 2X Anthem MCA50, Acoustech PH-1