the home of the turntable

45 spindle adapters for AT6 - which one was best?

the jewel in the crown

45 spindle adapters for AT6 - which one was best?

Postby RKnack » 13 Feb 2018 10:58

Out of all the 45RPM spindle adapters for the Garrard AT6, which one is best (NOT including snapping "spiders" into the records themselves)? Mine came with the FLRS-35, which works okay since I straightened out the overarm, but I am wondering if one of the earlier ones might let me stack more singles on it?
RKnack

United States of America

Re: 45 spindle adapters for AT6 - which one was best?

Postby A70BBen » 14 Feb 2018 09:42

I think the limit is eight, regardless of spindle. The number of records is limited by the height to which the arm lifts in auto cycle.

That said, I prefer the earlier ones that include the part that goes down into the hole in the middle of the turntable spindle, instead of fitting over the existing tall automatic spindle...but they all work and the later ones have the advantage of being able to work with any Autoslim changer; the original AT6 one was for the AT6 only.
A70BBen

Re: 45 spindle adapters for AT6 - which one was best?

Postby RKnack » 14 Feb 2018 13:06

I managed to get an LRS-20 cheaply, but it does not seem to work very well - won't drop the records at all, even though the pusher seems to be functioning.

I also have an LRS-6 on the way, NOS with the original box. It comes with two clamps of some sort, but what are they for? can't seem to find an instruction manual anywhere.
RKnack

United States of America

Return to Garrard