the home of the turntable

LogBellex MM Cartridges

the thin end of the wedge

LogBellex MM Cartridges

Postby Collux » 17 Oct 2017 04:02

I purchased a LogBellex BX-50NE cartridge many years ago and have just recently purchased a BX-im7 NOS cartridge.

These vintage Japanese cartridges are far less well known than the Shures, Stantons, Ortofons, ADCs etc of the day.

For that reason, I have attached some literature that may be of use to anyone owning or looking at such a cartridge.

My BX-im7 unit came with an original December 1980 shipping note, indicating it was an "evaluation sample".

Despite the fact that I purchased my BX-50NE later in 1983 from Radio Parts in Melbourne. (AU$33 at the time). I believe the BX-im series to be a later series than the BX-50.

Replacement elliptical & conical stylus can be found for the BX-50 series from the usual suppliers.

I've yet to establish if these are interchangeable with the BX-im series.

I hope this is of use to someone, as there is very little information out there for these old cartridges.

Lastly, I understand that MC cartridges were also made by LogBellex but I have not researched those cartridges.
Attachments
LogBellex_BX-imSeries(b).jpg
LogBellex_BX-imSeries(a).jpg
LogBellex BX-50 series.jpg
Collux

Australia

Re: LogBellex MM Cartridges

Postby Collux » 17 Oct 2017 04:22

I stand corrected in my view !!
From the specs it looks like the BX-50 series was preceded by the BX-im series.
I see the BX-50 series having variants with titanium cantilevers and there is also a TOTL version with a Shibata stylus.
Collux

Australia

Postby nat » 19 Oct 2017 00:06

Whoever did the chart of different models seems to have also worked for AT. Not that the cartridges seem similar.
nat
long player
long player
contributor

Postby Collux » 19 Oct 2017 02:17

Interesting.
Maybe it was a standard format used by Japanese cartridge manufactures?
Collux

Australia

Return to Cartridges and Preamps