the thin end of the wedge
scho2684
long player
long player

Re: LP gear order disaster..

Post by scho2684 » 13 Feb 2020 08:32

AsOriginallyRecorded wrote:
13 Feb 2020 02:27
They may have heard about your reputation as a particular and dedicated fan of fine cartridges and....service.
The world will be a scary place if that was the criteria for the follow up...

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 13 Feb 2020 08:38

lenjack wrote:
13 Feb 2020 02:00
Have you ordered from them before?
Quite a few times.
Chris

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 13 Feb 2020 08:42

13 Feb 2020 02:27
That is very encouraging news. They may have heard about your reputation as a particular and dedicated fan of fine cartridges and....service. A great fan, but the best choice of foes...they responded. Assuming all will soon be good....bravo! And kudos to LP for doing the right thing as well. Will likely hold back a bit myself before ordering from them however until more details are forthcoming! =D> =D> =D>
They did say that 10% twist was acceptable. I told them I have over 50 carts and not one has any misalignment ( which is true). I also said that line contact needs to be perfectly aligned which was not possible when stylus is so far our of line.
Hope my order is posted tomorrow, I will email in the morning if not.
Chris

backtotheblack
Scotland

Post by backtotheblack » 13 Feb 2020 14:43

the main cart looks like a reworked A&R "77", sumiko pearl etc.etc.

good news on them sending you out replacements.

lenjack
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by lenjack » 13 Feb 2020 14:47

I'm amazed that they would say that, especially for a line contact. It defeats the purpose.

puzzlewuzzle

Post by puzzlewuzzle » 13 Feb 2020 21:24

A recent order of mine from LPGear was incorrect.
A simple email message to LPGear set a correction in motion and I received the correct order in a few days.
I am a satisfied customer, but LPGear needs to take a bit more care in filling orders.

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 13 Feb 2020 21:33

lenjack wrote:
13 Feb 2020 14:47
I'm amazed that they would say that, especially for a line contact. It defeats the purpose.
Exactly, it was so bad that if I retipped a cart myself and it was half as bad I would be really embarrassed. Problem is I think is there are a new market of people with turntable who dont know how important this is, this is the same people who sell a cart online and say the stylus is good as it looks sharp.
Chris

Big B5515
long player
long player

Post by Big B5515 » 14 Feb 2020 04:48

I suspect LP Gear sometimes doesn't inspect items too well, my last order of a AT-450 cartridge was loose in package, stylus protector off, and a AT-250 with bent stylus also packed in same box, some how, the 450 made it through shipping undamaged and I was able to straighten the unexpected 250 stylus adequately for a spare.

AsOriginallyRecorded
long player
long player
Canada

Post by AsOriginallyRecorded » 14 Feb 2020 05:56

This is how easy it is for a company often recommended on this site and with a good overall reputation to fall from grace. It might be some young kid working at minimum wage, with no aptitude or appreciation for what he is packing, but the damage to both materials and reputation is in-excusable. As long as the package is on the premises, everyone in the company should hold themselves responsible for quality control. Simple things like checking contents against order form go a long way. Maybe just pay them enough to actually care about the job they do. I would be embarrassed as owner of the business personally. [-X What is the expression...Trust takes a long time to achieve, and so little time to lose..? Still almost beyond comprehension! Hang in there Chris! [-o<

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 14 Feb 2020 10:44

14 Feb 2020 05:56
This is how easy it is for a company often recommended on this site and with a good overall reputation to fall from grace. It might be some young kid working at minimum wage, with no aptitude or appreciation for what he is packing, but the damage to both materials and reputation is in-excusable. As long as the package is on the premises, everyone in the company should hold themselves responsible for quality control. Simple things like checking contents against order form go a long way. Maybe just pay them enough to actually care about the job they do. I would be embarrassed as owner of the business personally. [-X What is the expression...Trust takes a long time to achieve, and so little time to lose..? Still almost beyond comprehension! Hang in there Chris! [-o<
It is also unpleasant for the customer to go back saying they did not get item. They don't know me and don't know that I am not a thief, I could be anyone. You feel like you are being judged which is not nice. Lp gear did the right thing and hopefully it all arrives correctly next time, but the whole thing leaves a bad taste. Driving to work I decided I was just going to ask for a refund, but when I got to work I had an email that they were sending the cart and stylus out so no refund I will wait for the cart. It really took the shin off buying this cart..
Chris

backtotheblack
Scotland

Post by backtotheblack » 14 Feb 2020 12:09

one of the reasons i dont buy expensive goods from abroad is out customs, even if its an exchange item they sometimes still charge you the duty/tax and "convenience" fee.

Boltman92124
long player
long player

Post by Boltman92124 » 14 Feb 2020 16:37

cafe latte wrote:
12 Feb 2020 05:22
My LP gear order arrived today for my Vessel A3SV cart (234 dollars) and LP gear stylus for ADC R-SV stylus 90 dollars.
Package contained no cart!! and the stylus is twisted so useless!! 347 dollars American and I have nothing I can use. I have emailed them still waiting for reply and tried to ring but phone is only a darn fax!!
How can they send out a pack with stuff missing and does nobody check the stylus before going out?
Need to check I think I paid with paypal so maybe paypal dispute if they dont help?
Any thoughts guys?
Chris
Have you tried to message them on Facebook? They are pretty responsive there.

abs1
United States of America

Post by abs1 » 14 Feb 2020 16:45

Could the problem (damage, item missing) have been caused by an overly aggressive customs inspector?

Just thinking' out loud........ but I once witnessed a customs inspection at JFK............. those people can be brutal :shock:

Cheers,
Al

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 14 Feb 2020 20:26

Boltman92124 wrote:
14 Feb 2020 16:37
cafe latte wrote:
12 Feb 2020 05:22
My LP gear order arrived today for my Vessel A3SV cart (234 dollars) and LP gear stylus for ADC R-SV stylus 90 dollars.
Package contained no cart!! and the stylus is twisted so useless!! 347 dollars American and I have nothing I can use. I have emailed them still waiting for reply and tried to ring but phone is only a darn fax!!
How can they send out a pack with stuff missing and does nobody check the stylus before going out?
Need to check I think I paid with paypal so maybe paypal dispute if they dont help?
Any thoughts guys?
Chris
Have you tried to message them on Facebook? They are pretty responsive there.
They have been good with emails too.
Chris

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 14 Feb 2020 20:33

abs1 wrote:
14 Feb 2020 16:45
Could the problem (damage, item missing) have been caused by an overly aggressive customs inspector?

Just thinking' out loud........ but I once witnessed a customs inspection at JFK............. those people can be brutal :shock:

Cheers,
Al
No, the box only had one layer of tape and box was undamaged. The box for sure had not been opened. The contents were what was originally packed so the person who packed it left the cart out of helped themselves to the cart one of the two.
The stylus was not damaged it was cut and tipped by someone who need a to find another job as they don't have a clue about aligning stylus when retipping.
Chris