ART usb phono plus pre-amp

the thin end of the wedge
Zer0beaT

ART usb phono plus pre-amp

Post by Zer0beaT » 24 Oct 2019 07:53

This is a very good pre-amp with lots of features for the price. Very happy with it (got it a year ago now)

ART makes good stuff at low cost. I'm a musician and have always been familiar with ART (Audio Research Technology) they have always made great mic pre-amps etc for very cheap. They make other stuff too for musicians/studio and are always considered great bang for buck.

I'm just throwing this out there for people who are new into vinyl and want a pre-amp, these go for $80+ and sounds really good.

Anyone else using one? I haven't messed around with the USB to computer recording btw, but it's nice to have that option.

stanwebber

Re: ART usb phono plus pre-amp

Post by stanwebber » 25 Oct 2019 08:09

i own both the art usb and non-usb versions--both sound strikingly simular, if not identical. they're very close to my favorites, but I probably default most to the xpsound xp203 which is out of production. it is very similar to the art usb phono in that it is also a pc soundcard.

jledwards
United States of America

Re: ART usb phono plus pre-amp

Post by jledwards » 27 Oct 2019 07:20

I have the Pre ll. Tried it with several cart/stylus setups and receivers. Pretty happy with it.