Nagaoka MP-110H...Is thing supposed to be good?

the thin end of the wedge
patient_ot

Re: Nagaoka MP-110H...Is thing supposed to be good?

Post by patient_ot » 10 Aug 2019 16:44

Hugely overhyped cartridge. Nothing special about it at all.

jjkalervo
Finland

Post by jjkalervo » 10 Aug 2019 19:45

It does a damn good job for the money. It might be overhyped, but the cartridge is not at fault there. Nagaoka has much more expensive carts for those who want something special.

p_m
United States of America

Post by p_m » 22 Oct 2019 22:02

Ghaasl wrote:
10 Aug 2019 14:18
I have both a Nag 110 and an AT VM520EB. The AT isn’t broken in as of yet, haven’t had the time for any serious listening lately. I love the Nag, great sounding cart. It gives me the warmth and classic vinyl sound signature I want without lacking in detail. Once the AT is run in, I’ll be able to do a better sound comparison. I think the AT will be a little less warm, but a good companion cart to the Nag.
Hi,
wondering if you got to compare and have any comments to share ?
Thanks.

Ghaasl
United States of America

Post by Ghaasl » 23 Oct 2019 00:06

p_m wrote:
22 Oct 2019 22:02
Ghaasl wrote:
I have both a Nag 110 and an AT VM520EB. The AT isn’t broken in as of yet, haven’t had the time for any serious listening lately. I love the Nag, great sounding cart. It gives me the warmth and classic vinyl sound signature I want without lacking in detail. Once the AT is run in, I’ll be able to do a better sound comparison. I think the AT will be a little less warm, but a good companion cart to the Nag.
Hi,
Thanks.
I’ve finally been able to get some listening in and get the AT fully run in. I have yet to switch back to the Nag for some comparison. The AT has some juicy bottom end, a little lacking in the mid range, and a crisp high end. I’ll likely switch back to the Nag on Saturday or Sunday morning for some comparison. I’ll be sure to post my results.

Ghaasl
United States of America

Post by Ghaasl » 27 Oct 2019 13:09

Ghaasl wrote:
23 Oct 2019 00:06
p_m wrote:
22 Oct 2019 22:02
Ghaasl wrote:
Hi,
Thanks.
I’ve finally been able to get some listening in and get the AT fully run in. I have yet to switch back to the Nag for some comparison. The AT has some juicy bottom end, a little lacking in the mid range, and a crisp high end. I’ll likely switch back to the Nag on Saturday or Sunday morning for some comparison. I’ll be sure to post my results.
So, after a morning of listening to the Chicago: Live at Carnegie Hall 4 record set, 4 sides with the AT, 4 sides with the Nag, I remember why I fell in love with the Nag in the first place. Warm, detailed, great tracker, etc. Not that I don’t like the AT, I just like the Nag better. For the money, it’s hard to beat.