the home of the turntable

Anyone have the Hitachi HT-324 manual / pdf?

snap, crackle and pop

Anyone have the Hitachi HT-324 manual / pdf?

Postby brewbbqandvinylwilldo » 21 Oct 2017 02:05

Wife just scored a great looking Hitachi TT I plan on using as a second TT for the garage / etc. It's a Hitachi HT-324 Japanese made, two speeder.
Cleaned up nicely, even has an AT head shell... but the drive belt was a crispy deteriorated mess! I'm sure once I get the platter off it's an easy swap, but I am not sure how to remove it. It doesn't come off east like my AT 120-usb.
Anyone out there have a manual?

THANKS in advance
brewbbqandvinylwilldo

United States of America

Re: Anyone have the Hitachi HT-324 manual / pdf?

Postby themisto462 » 21 Oct 2017 09:54

Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately I have no manual, but a little experience with this model ( I have one in my collection that needed a full service).

To remove the platter you just have to pull - with a bit more force. It seems, that the platter of your turntable has never been taken off.
There is no screw or spring etc. to secure the platter in place.

If you got the platter off, make sure to clean the motor pulley and the area on the platter where the belt runs about - otherwise the residue of the old belt will cause noise while spinning. At mine I cleaned the pulley and platter with fine steel wool and polished both a little bit with car polish. After that there was no noise anymore.

If you once have the platter removed you can seize the opportunity and lubricate the
motor pivot with a few drops of oil so it runs smooth.

Best regards.
themisto462
contributor

Germany

Postby themisto462 » 21 Oct 2017 10:30

P.S.: Just added a picture that shows the point for lubricant and how the belt should run.

JD505274.jpg

For more information you can take a look in the manual for the Hitachi PS-15 turntable, which can be found here:

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/hitachi/ps-15.shtml

You can derive many things from this - especially for maintenance and handling (for example the point "changing speed" is interesting).

I wish you many success.
themisto462
contributor

Germany

Postby themisto462 » 04 Nov 2017 19:01

Update:

The service manual for the Hitachi HT-324 is now available.

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/hit ... -324.shtml
themisto462
contributor

Germany

Return to Turntables and Tonearms