Tell me about the Realistic Lab 400 turntable?

snap, crackle and pop
reidcc

Re: Tell me about the Realistic Lab 400 turntable?

Post by reidcc » 09 May 2017 18:19

This table sort of re-kindled my fire away from CD and to vinyl(not that I ever sold my old LP's).

I found my LAB-400 at a yard sale 10 yrs ago, and I had started a thread over on the Hoffman forum about it. Back then I paid a whole $10 for it, with a bent stylus. I replaced it and used the table for a while and found a nice Pioneer PL-630. Since then I've moved on to a Technics 1210-M5G, and as of a week ago- a VPI Scout 1.1.

I still have all of these tables, and want to pull the LAB-400 out of the closet and hook up to another system. It has that Classic old table look. I have a Denon DL-110 that I can put on it for a cartridge.

Chris

stevoz
Australia

Re: Tell me about the Realistic Lab 400 turntable?

Post by stevoz » 10 May 2017 02:03

reidcc wrote:This table sort of re-kindled my fire away from CD and to vinyl(not that I ever sold my old LP's).

I found my LAB-400 at a yard sale 10 yrs ago, and I had started a thread over on the Hoffman forum about it. Back then I paid a whole $10 for it, with a bent stylus. I replaced it and used the table for a while and found a nice Pioneer PL-630. Since then I've moved on to a Technics 1210-M5G, and as of a week ago- a VPI Scout 1.1.

I still have all of these tables, and want to pull the LAB-400 out of the closet and hook up to another system. It has that Classic old table look. I have a Denon DL-110 that I can put on it for a cartridge.

Chris
That sounds like it would be a nice combo =D> . I keep searching for a LAB 400 to buy but there doesn't seem to be many available here in Oz. We had Tandy stores in Oz back in the 70's who sold Realistic/Radio Shack stuff, but I'm not sure too many LAB 400's sold. We (me and my audio mates) had a rather silly attitude that if you want quality audio gear, you buy Japanese, not American. None of us realised in our ignorance that the LAB 400 was Japanese anyway (CEC) and a fine TT as well. I think the general 'anti US' vibe of the 70's (Vietnam etc) influenced this attitude as well. A little misplaced perhaps......although we did love US pressings!! :lol: I shall continue my search for one of these fine TT's. [-o< :)