Post by starboy » 27 Dec 2006 18:12

Resize20of20_MG_3878.jpg

Blue Angel
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Please Identify this turntable

Post by Blue Angel » 27 Dec 2006 19:49

Hiya starboy

This is a NICE turntable. Made mid eighties in a country nearby.

Do I spy some Nagra stuff on the left?

ol' blue :lol:

starboy

Hey

Post by starboy » 27 Dec 2006 21:29

Enough of the games Blue, methinks it's French also but I'm really hoping my friend has one in his double garage of defunct gear...

Starboy

p.s. I missed out bidding on a Naga' cart'.... The one reveiwed with your step-up :roll: ESlay.... a heartless place. :wink:

Rgds

p.s Nagra 4 sure...

Blue Angel
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Post by Blue Angel » 27 Dec 2006 21:57

Hi starboy

The terminology 'broadcast' comes to mind. I wonder, maybe stefano knows? Very very tasty :D At least I've got some Nagra stuff. Sorry to hear re the Nagatron cart. Lets hope it goes into good hands.

Regards

blue

Arlequen

Post by Arlequen » 28 Dec 2006 03:34

Nice TT .. but terryble clamp! :)

Stefano

Post by Stefano » 28 Dec 2006 08:50

Hello everybody.....well, this is a VERY interesting machine, though I would think that it's a professional rig assembled by a very smart engineer and not the product of a large firm. 'Italian' Telefunkens were conceived and built like that. It could also be a Commonwealth pro TT, but I've never owned one so I'm not sure.

The platter looks very much like a Neumann's lathe platter. For a direct comparison, look at this picture:

The arms are obviously Ortofon RF-297 or RMA-297:

and the Tondosen are Ortofons, too.

As for the 'clamp'....this is not a clamp but a record-centering aid used also on EMT 927D and Swedish Radio 927st:

I really hope that Blue Angel or somebody else more informed than me will disclose the real identity of this turntable. I'd love to buy one for my collection.

Ciao,

Stefano

Blue Angel
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Please Identify this Turntable

Post by Blue Angel » 28 Dec 2006 10:35

Hi starboy

I've been thinkin' about this and the Swiss comes to mind - in particular the brand "Palliard". When I was about 6 or 7 years old, there was a massive Pailliard valve radio at home.

Much later, when I came to live in Cape Town's southern suburbs, I went on a record buying sortie one rainy day. In an alleyway behind the seller's house, I saw a massive, rusty turntable sans plinth. I asked what it was and the guy said 'Palliard'. I could not verify this as it was raining too hard. It didn't look like the tt shown in your pic though, it was much older.

@ stefano, I like you little joke, hehe :lol:

Regards

blue

Stefano

Post by Stefano » 28 Dec 2006 15:35

I saw a massive, rusty turntable sans plinth. I asked what it was and the guy said 'Palliard'. I could not verify this as it was raining too hard. It didn't look like the tt shown in your pic though, it was much older
Hi Blue,

I didn't know Paillard (the one of the Paillard-Bolex firm, that incidentally was once owned by Thorens) built turntables....my knowledge of French high-end/pro TTs stops at Bourdereau, Clément and Schlumberger. It would be very interesting to get more infos about Paillard turntables.
@ stefano, I like you little joke, hehe
:oops: Sorry blue, I didn't mean to make a joke in this message, I hope it wasn't (unintentionally) a rude one.....

Ciao

Stefano

Blue Angel
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Post by Blue Angel » 28 Dec 2006 16:19

Hello All

Starboy really presented a conundrum here...

I left urgent work behind (just went to pay the month end's bills) and went googling for hours. Broadcast turntables, Pailliard, Pailliard/Bolex, turntable pics, vintage turntables, turntable collectors/collections and too many other places to mention. No luck.

@ stefano. The little 'joke' for me was that YOU of all people could think I know much about tt's. Highly flattering but untrue. I'm just a colonial yokel living in the sticks with a love of tt's and vinyl :D hehe...

Getting back to "Pailliard" from memory what I saw lying in the rainy alley - it had gearwheels underneath, an extra long spindle and a green felt mat.

And as far as I could get with google, Pailliard DID make a Stirling hot air- powered 78 player.

Now, back to Starboy's id problem.

Maybe one could apply one of the FBI's profiling techniques to determine details about the owner and his/her locality? From there, it may lead to the brand?

A cultured man, wealthy with 'old money', discerning taste, electro-mechanical aptitude, a love of music, a few residences, a Bentley or RR Corniche in the 4-car garage, profession a banker/successful surgeon or lawyer living somewhere in Europe... :wink:

blue

Stefano

Post by Stefano » 04 Jan 2007 16:15

Hello,

so, no news about this interesting professional-looking TT? It's a pity we cannot put a name on it....

Ciao and happy New Year to you all,

Stefano

rollingjohnny

Re: Please identify this turntable....?

Post by rollingjohnny » 30 Jan 2007 08:15

Hallo Starboy
This is a Lyrec AG40 Mk2
Made in Denmark
Greetings John Nieuwenhuis

delcam1n0
long player
long player

Lyrec AG40

Post by delcam1n0 » 30 Jan 2007 09:47

Hi Rollingjohnny,

First of all, welcome to the VE, enjoy your stay

So much for the power/expertise of the world wide web!!

But do tell us a bit more if you at all can, please!!

groetjes/jos
delcam1n0

Stefano

Post by Stefano » 30 Jan 2007 12:36

Well done, rollinjohnny! The name of Lyrec, though much respected, never came to my mind looking at this TT. It's a pity we don't see more of these beauties around here! (Well, when we speak of Danish beauties, it's not turntables that Italians immediately think of.... :wink: )

I think that they really were very similar to EMTs:

Ciao to you all,

Stefano

Blue Angel
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Post by Blue Angel » 30 Jan 2007 14:32

Hi stefano, rollingjohnnie

Thanks for the pic and the id. Thanks too to starboy for bringing this magnificent equipment to VE for all to see what quality should look like.

For those more interested in the Lyrec brand, the firm has a long distinguished past from 1945 to 2001 where you may find out more at http://www.lyrec.dk mileston.htm

Just one niggling question: The proprietorship of the subject in starboy's original pic...don't worry, I can't afford it and even if I could, mrs blue will kill me :wink:

blue

starboy

The Biz

Post by starboy » 30 Jan 2007 15:08

Rolling

Thanks for that... You've put a smile on my face... :D

Now the fact that Stefano & ole Blue were lost on this one makes me guess that I will never probably own or see one.

But hey, at least I know what to ask for if I ever make another trip to Aarhus.

The proprietor must be Japanese I'm sure. That wallpaper is very popular over there.

Rgds all and thanks again....