How much did your TT(s) cost?

snap, crackle and pop
Jamebonds1
United States of America

Re: How much did your TT(s) cost?

Post by Jamebonds1 » 23 Oct 2019 08:43

My Marantz 6300 from eBay cost $500 that it went on Goodwill's charity. It was broke, but I made it working again and run wonderfully. It needs some love fix.

rega+rock
United States of America

Post by rega+rock » 30 Oct 2019 05:24

Normally I would not respond to this post with the question in regards to the amount someone paid for any component. I do not mean any disrespect to the original Poster. Having said this the question its self has become quite interesting with regards to not so much how much did your turntable cost? But interestingly the question has become probably in my honest opinion which I may only find one of the most complex post to this date.

Maybe not so much for some but more importantly to me is how much could I afford and spend for my desired taste / audiophile ear can grasp. Turntables arguably have become the hottest topic with regards in my case a 2 Channel Stereo System.

I won't go into detail of a specific brand because there are so many Tables out there I could not afford to look at much less bring home.

New Turntable bare, $945.00
New MM Cartridge / Stylus $445.00
Phonostage / Preamp $895.00

Hoping all the members are happy with their purchase !

Happy listening

Sterling1
United States of America

Post by Sterling1 » 30 Oct 2019 07:14

rega+rock wrote:
30 Oct 2019 05:24
Normally I would not respond to this post with the question in regards to the amount someone paid for any component. I do not mean any disrespect to the original Poster. Having said this the question its self has become quite interesting with regards to not so much how much did your turntable cost? But interestingly the question has become probably in my honest opinion which I may only find one of the most complex post to this date.

Maybe not so much for some but more importantly to me is how much could I afford and spend for my desired taste / audiophile ear can grasp. Turntables arguably have become the hottest topic with regards in my case a 2 Channel Stereo System.

I won't go into detail of a specific brand because there are so many Tables out there I could not afford to look at much less bring home.

New Turntable bare, $945.00
New MM Cartridge / Stylus $445.00
Phonostage / Preamp $895.00

Hoping all the members are happy with their purchase !

Happy listening
OK, so, you had a budget which you believe appropriately allocated portions to the proper equipment you needed to play LPs for the desired outcome. Is that the gist of it, and did you get an outcome which satisfies?

rega+rock
United States of America

Post by rega+rock » 01 Nov 2019 04:37

Sterling !,

First I want to let you know I have a Sony ES System much like yours. Sony Really made some great equipment in the 80's and some into the 90's I suppose. I did not buy my Sony ES equipment new. I have been at putting my vintage Sony ES system together for about 4 years now. Having said that my equipment is not as nice as yours. Its late and I'm lazy so the model numbers will be short tonight. When the Preamp 80ES started a intermittent problem of sticking on one source I was bummed quite a bit. You literally had to power down and put the preamp on the source you want before the ghost reappeared. My Amp is a TA55ES, Tuner 730ES. I am still looking to add and find the Amp with the kick ass needles on it. Kudos to you on your Sony ES!! Excellent choice.

With regards to your question you so eloquently posed. I did not need a budget to play LPs. I listen to LP's because that is the format I prefer. As for the outcome.....It could be a whole lot better!

davy_75019

Post by davy_75019 » 03 Nov 2019 01:26

AKAI AP Q-70 : 40€ in 2015.

Alex66
Scotland

Post by Alex66 » 08 Nov 2019 14:11

Ariston Q deck 2 days ago £30 all working though Ill buy new belt and cartridge for it.

noelpen
Great Britain

Post by noelpen » 10 Nov 2019 14:11

Bought a Trio kd-1033 £45 a month ago,new belt fitted and all good.

Pinckney Pirate
United States of America

Post by Pinckney Pirate » 20 Nov 2019 02:02

1st timer here. I just bought a Technics SL-Q3 for $20.00 It has a Pickering cartridge, it is working beautifully. I have a vintage Fisher intergrated amp with 8 track...MC-3010 and some little infinity bookshelf's. Life is good!

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 20 Nov 2019 02:46

Pinckney Pirate wrote:
20 Nov 2019 02:02
1st timer here. I just bought a Technics SL-Q3 for $20.00 It has a Pickering cartridge, it is working beautifully. I have a vintage Fisher intergrated amp with 8 track...MC-3010 and some little infinity bookshelf's. Life is good!
Wow! :shock: Where did you find THIS beauty??? Inquiring minds want to know... :-k

Oh and if we knew what model Pickering cartridge, we could probably recommend some stylus options for it, as well...

I think we might like to see a pic of your Techie there, too, Pinckney Pirate...I have a specific Technics thread...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=106090

...and then, our cheap equipment thread...

viewtopic.php?t=88346

...that would both be great places to show off your new baby, my friend! =D>

Sounds to me like life really IS good to you lately! :D

Shattered
United States of America

Post by Shattered » 20 Nov 2019 07:50

ELAC Miracord 45--$75.

_ITX_
Austria

Post by _ITX_ » 20 Nov 2019 07:53

Got my Synq X-trm 1 brand new on Amazon for 300€ (~330$), which is as low as it can get for a Super OEM.