Bringing A Braun Ps 600 Back To Life

snap, crackle and pop
lustandfury

Post by lustandfury » 02 Aug 2011 16:09

I have a PS 600 on semi permanent loan from and friend and would love a copy of the owners manual you have in English. There isn't an English version uploaded on the site and it sounds like your version has more in depth diagrams...
https://www.vinylengine.com/library/braun/ps-600.shtml

bluesun
United States of America

Post by bluesun » 02 Aug 2011 21:03

These are gorgeous tables. They look like they were made by Elac Miracord, with Braun's cosmetic design. I wonder if that might be of some help.

neatokino

Post by neatokino » 03 Sep 2011 00:24

I recently acquired one of these in very good shape. Terrific turntable, though mine still needs some adjustments. I also have a problem with automatic play: the tonearm drops down just outside the rim of a 12" LP. Does anyone have a clue as to how I can adjust that?

Also, pre the German manual posted here, there are two screws under the platter that need to be tightened for transport. Does anyone know the final position they should be in after being loosened?

What would be suggested for basic maintenance? Also, an owners manual or service manual in English would be extremely useful, if anyone has one. I'd like to keep this beauty going for a good long time!

fiddlefye
Canada

Re: Bringing A Braun Ps 600 Back To Life

Post by fiddlefye » 14 Jul 2013 19:30

The screws go into the black foam pad under the platter for storage when not being used. Long after the fact in an old thread I know....