the home of the turntable

Music Hall Mmf-2.2

snap, crackle and pop

Re: Music Hall Mmf-2.2

Postby TinEars44 » 23 Feb 2015 15:12

Jefferson670 wrote:Alright, scratch that last post, of course I needed a new counterweight (I'm dumb sometimes). So I ordered a 75g Pro-Ject counterweight from an importer, but then it appeared that it doesn't fit onto the tonearm.

Could someone who has bought an 75g Pro-Ject counterweight online give me a link to it so I could buy the same one, so I don't end up wasting money and time again?

Are there different sizes of Pro-Ject counterweights? I'm just really confused right now, I don't understand why a Pro-Ject counterweight doesn't fit onto a Pro-Ject tonearm. It also could be possible that the importer just sent a wrong counterweight, I doubt it though.

I've been in contact back and forth with the importer, the other seller from where I got the turntable, and I also sent messages to Music Hall and Pro-Ject both, with no answer regarding the tonearm.

I don't know if you still need this information, but the MMF 2.2 has the Pro-Ject 9 tonearm, and as such it doesn't use the 75g counterweight. You may want to confirm with Music Hall customer service, but I believe you have a 65g weight and need the 80g counterweight for the Pro-Ject 9 arm. Needledoctor sells them, and I'm sure there are others that do as well.
TinEars44

United States of America

Postby teasethedog » 13 Mar 2015 06:53

Thanks for all the counterweight notes. I'll have to order one, since I just maxed out the stock CW with a Nagaoka M-110. I can still get 1.7g force, but not without the CW dang near pasting itself against the rear of the dustcover.

The new cart sounds amazing. A huge upgrade from the Elektra/Tracker cartridge.
teasethedog

United States of America

Postby andrewmontgomerie » 27 Apr 2015 08:30

Hi guys, I own the Music Hall MMF-2.2 record player and I have recently upgraded to the Ortofon Red Cartridge.

From my research I understood that I would also need to update the counterweight so I ordered the Pro-ject 80g counterweight. I had seen people that had used this and said it would fit but I have just received it and it doesn't seem to fit the arm.

Can anyone confirm that the counterweight I bought fits the tonearm? See the link below for the counterweight that I bought.

http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-ject-80 ... tegory=433

Any information would be appreciated.
andrewmontgomerie

Australia

Postby Humpty-Dumpty » 17 Sep 2015 21:15

Dear All,

Do you know what speed box can be used with the MMF 2.2? Or any other improvements that can be made?
Humpty-Dumpty

Russia

Postby Felya » 02 Oct 2015 14:04

Hi, guys! This has turntable and preamplifier Thorens 002.How to put the cartridge to the tonearm and the counterweight?A counterweight 6-10 g cartridge.If you tell me the exact model of the tonearm I'll pick up the counterweight.Тonearm 9: 95g counterweight, cartridges 6-10g????
http://home.earthlink.net/~mobile_homel ... 9_tonearm/
Thank you all.
Felya

Israel

Postby gwestwoodnurse » 24 Jan 2016 20:59

I have a Denon DL -110 on my 2.2 le and am acrylit platter. No issues with the set up but I do have a AT 440 mla and was wondering if anyone has compared the 2 carts with this turntable. The At is on a theorems Rd 160 which I plan on selling Don't want to sell the AT if its a better choice
gwestwoodnurse

Canada

Postby mrtechnologist2u » 01 Feb 2016 19:44

??? :? You have both cartridges,gwestwoodnurse, why not compare them and tell us?
Toshiba SR 630 w/Stanton 681eee MI
Thorens TD 320 w/denon 103S MC
Thorens TD 320 w/AT 440ML MM
Thorens TD 126mkIII n/a
mrtechnologist2u

Canada

Postby martinb4 » 11 Mar 2016 22:35

TinEars44 wrote:
Jefferson670 wrote:Alright, scratch that last post, of course I needed a new counterweight (I'm dumb sometimes). So I ordered a 75g Pro-Ject counterweight from an importer, but then it appeared that it doesn't fit onto the tonearm.

Could someone who has bought an 75g Pro-Ject counterweight online give me a link to it so I could buy the same one, so I don't end up wasting money and time again?

Are there different sizes of Pro-Ject counterweights? I'm just really confused right now, I don't understand why a Pro-Ject counterweight doesn't fit onto a Pro-Ject tonearm. It also could be possible that the importer just sent a wrong counterweight, I doubt it though.

I've been in contact back and forth with the importer, the other seller from where I got the turntable, and I also sent messages to Music Hall and Pro-Ject both, with no answer regarding the tonearm.

I don't know if you still need this information, but the MMF 2.2 has the Pro-Ject 9 tonearm, and as such it doesn't use the 75g counterweight. You may want to confirm with Music Hall customer service, but I believe you have a 65g weight and need the 80g counterweight for the Pro-Ject 9 arm. Needledoctor sells them, and I'm sure there are others that do as well.

I know this is old but I came across this post as I was researching so I figured others might be interested as well.

Here's the one that works for sure. I bought it, installed it and it works with a 6.5g cart.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O3G ... ge_o05_s00

It is a 75g counterwight and same threading as the 65g. the 9 arm won't accept those, so I'm pretty certain the mmf 2.2 uses the 8.6 arm.

This seems to support that as well:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... nearm.html
martinb4

Argentina

Postby cubdukat » 29 Aug 2016 18:02

I've had my mmf-2.2 for a couple days over a full year now, and I am very happy with it. My only real annoyances with it are the turntable mat and the anti-skate weight that refuses to stay on.

I also didn't think much of the Tracker, but now that it's broken in, it's definitely an improvement, and it's earned its keep for at least another six months. I can see why it has a fairly good rep. It's not top of the line, but it beats what I had before.

In the immediate future, I will definitely be replacing the turntable mat, but down the road I was looking at throwing in a new cartridge like the Ortofon MC 3 Turbo or the Bin 323 (?), along with a Schiit Mani to replace my ART DJ Pre II, which has earned a rest.

All in all, it was an even bigger bargain than the $125 I got it for at Micro Center. And it was actually new at that! Apparently selling Music Hall was a little too hoity-toity for them...Their loss, my gain :)
cubdukat

United States of America

Previous

Return to Turntables and Tonearms