Looking for Tak 4 Elac headhsell.

snap, crackle and pop
studio360

Looking for Tak 4 Elac headhsell.

Post by studio360 » 15 Jan 2020 17:30

I have a nice 10H that's all ready to go, except that it's missing the headshell. Anyone know of any for sale anywhere? Thanks!
-joe

62vauxhall

Re: Looking for Tak 4 Elac headhsell.

Post by 62vauxhall » 15 Jan 2020 20:59

They are few and far between.

I’ve been half heartedly looking for two years or so without purchasing one. They have cropped up on e-bay from time to time but those I’ve seen have sold for over $100US. And in two cases, photos depicted them seemingly mangled/damaged.

Ironically I have also seen entire Elac 10’s advertised as “parts” units, headshell included, sell for less than that. With no need of additional parts and no space to store a carcass, that does not represent a good value to me. And then there’s the shipping cost.

In my case it’s not ultra critical that I find one. I have a complete Elac 10, just would not mind a 2nd head-shell for it.

It’s interesting that compared to other makes, one really pays through the nose for that headehell and 45 stacking spindles that fit Elac 10 and newer changers.

I’m keen to see what other posters suggest as potential sources.

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 16 Jan 2020 02:52

I've noticed how hard they are to find, too...If anyone has a 3D printer and could make a bunch of these, people would go gaga over 'em! :wink:

In any case, a free idea for anyone interested... :-k

I've got tons of them! :lol:

Well, ideas and not Elac headshells... :oops: #-o

Of course, if you want an original, watch the 'Bay from time to time...Maybe something will turn up at a price you're willing to pay... 8-[

vanakaru

Post by vanakaru » 16 Jan 2020 06:39

Do not search the headshell only. I have seen these with cartridges mounted onto and advertised by the cart.