audio technica at lp5x

snap, crackle and pop
pedro ebro

audio technica at lp5x

Post by pedro ebro » 14 Jan 2020 20:30

I have recently bought the technica audio table at lp5x and I am very satisfied with its performance, it has a fantastic direct sound, even with its atvm95e cartridge, it has phono MM and MC and you really do not need to change pream, the next one is enough for MM, I have not tried the MC, now I am listening with microlinear vm95ML needle and very analytical, I have tried an external preamp cambridge audio 551p and it sounds worse, harder, picofarads issue the cambridge is 220 pF and with the 300pK cable, but I can ensure that with vm95e cartridge it sounds great, maybe it lacks refinement but for 50 euros it is a bargain, and best the arm, fantastic would say perfect, effective mass 16g medium heavy, fantastic for atvm95 series, nagaoka, and if you like the warm the sumiko pearl and fantastic for denon dl103, although in this case it would have to go with an external pream, but you can try the one that comes on the table lp5x, in order to stop buying turntables of the 70 and 80 mismatched and very crushed, for 399 euros you have turntable, cartridge, and pream, a winning team,
I want to warn that I am Spanish and this text has been translated by Mr. GOOGLE

Jampot90
England

Re: audio technica at lp5x

Post by Jampot90 » 14 Jan 2020 21:08

Mr. Google did a good job Pedro - he even managed to convey your excitement:-)

El Sr. Google hizo un buen trabajo Pedro, incluso logró transmitir su entusiasmo :-)

Enjoy your new TT!

Disfruta tu nuevo TT!

Jim