Ariston RD40 9v DC Version Speed Controller

snap, crackle and pop
Briso
Scotland

Ariston RD40 9v DC Version Speed Controller

Post by Briso » 19 Nov 2019 23:52

Can anyone advise where to by a suitable replacement controller and/or motor.

Also does anyone know if other manufacturers used the same controller and motor as those in the Ariston RD40 9vDC with the two pots on the front.

Alternatively would be happy with the 12V version as either would fit.

Thanks

HAMISH119

Re: Ariston RD40 9v DC Version Speed Controller

Post by HAMISH119 » 23 Nov 2019 12:10

Briso wrote:
19 Nov 2019 23:52
...Also does anyone know if other manufacturers used the same controller and motor as those in the Ariston RD40 9vDC with the two pots on the front.
The motor was 'straight outta Eindhoven': i.e. Philips!
The Philips GA 222, 312 & 406 (there may be more) use the same motor, and the motor control circuitry is usually slightly more sophisticated than the Ayrshire equivalents (e.g. FONS and Ariston). The STD 305D used the same motor with more sophisticated electronics.
Briso wrote:
19 Nov 2019 23:52
...Alternatively would be happy with the 12V version as either would fit.

I was unaware (but not surprised **) that there may be 2 different versions of motor and control electronics. Do you have any info about the alternate version? Or is this an Internet fact (i.e. fake news)?

** The Ariston RD11E uses Matsushita motors and electronics (straight outta the SL-23 etc), yet was initially manufactured (and shares plinth similarities) in the same industrial unit as the FONS International Mk1, which uses Philips motors and electronics. Who knew?

What is the problem that you're experiencing with the current motor/control circuitry?

The Philips based control electronics can be repaired/upgraded/improved by a competent person.

Good Luck!