How to correctly set the anti-skate on the Kenwood KD-2000

snap, crackle and pop
Joeystarr55
American Samoa

How to correctly set the anti-skate on the Kenwood KD-2000

Post by Joeystarr55 » 14 Oct 2019 21:04

I was checking if anyone know where I can find out how to set the anti-skate on the Kenwood KD-2000. I never use one with the weight before. It looks like there is 5 places to set the line with the weight attached to it. I know your suppose to set it to match the tracking of your cartridge. I need to get a scale to make sure the tracking is the right force.
Attachments
IMG_1956.JPG
(111.88 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
878695-classic-kenwood-kd2000-beltdrive-turntable.jpg
(118.95 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

musicmn
long player
long player
United States of America

Re: How to correctly set the anti-skate on the Kenwood KD-2000

Post by musicmn » 15 Oct 2019 02:10

Hi, each knotch is the anti skate setting in grams just like the counter weight scale. The knotch closest to the gimbal is 1 gram and the last one is 3 grams. I serviced one of these a couple of years ago for a customer and that's what I figured out. Try putting the string in the center knotch and check the tracking of the tonearm and listen for any distortion. If all is find then your all set. You can always move it from knotch to knotch and see what happens if you want. Very nice well built turntable one I wouldn't mine having. :D

musicmn
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by musicmn » 15 Oct 2019 02:14

Also you might want to get that turntable off of that marantz receiver. Or put something under the feet to raise it up off of the top. Give that receiver as much air as it needs to keep it cool. Just my opinion

Joeystarr55
American Samoa

Post by Joeystarr55 » 15 Oct 2019 04:31

musicmn wrote:
15 Oct 2019 02:10
Hi, each knotch is the anti skate setting in grams just like the counter weight scale. The knotch closest to the gimbal is 1 gram and the last one is 3 grams. I serviced one of these a couple of years ago for a customer and that's what I figured out. Try putting the string in the center knotch and check the tracking of the tonearm and listen for any distortion. If all is find then your all set. You can always move it from knotch to knotch and see what happens if you want. Very nice well built turntable one I wouldn't mine having. :D
Hey, Thanks for the advice. I have a Shure M91ED cartridge with a N91ED stylus that I tried to put on there, but I couldn't get it not to skip, after it played the record. so I put the old one back on it. I've might of not had the tracking & anti-skate high enough? I also need to get a gram scale, the head shell the Shure cartridge is on is on the heavier side, so that might of had something to do with the tracking?