Miracord 770h muting switch

snap, crackle and pop
redscare2

Miracord 770h muting switch

Post by redscare2 » 21 Sep 2019 20:09

Hello,

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I haven’t been able to locate any information and I hope someone can help me. I use a 770h for a 45 rpm changer, and though the stylus lands properly on the lead in groove, no audio is heard for a few revolutions into the music. Is this adjustable? Does anyone know how? It is not in the Owners Manual. Any advise is extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
RS

Alec124c41
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
Canada

Re: Miracord 770h muting switch

Post by Alec124c41 » 22 Sep 2019 15:07

I have met a muting switch in a Dual, not a Miracord.
IIRC it was mounted so that its position could be adjusted slightly.
To see yours in action, remove the base plate, set the turntable atop 4 cans to raise it, and put a mirror under it.

Cheers,
Alec

62vauxhall

Re: Miracord 770h muting switch

Post by 62vauxhall » 22 Sep 2019 22:52

Doubtful there is a problem with your muting switch. Without watching it cycle in front of me, I’d conclude that it is a maladjusted set down point. The multiple Elac’s I’ve had and have, never required it.

I’ve not counted but 2 or 3 revs seems about right for a mute switch to disengage but that should occur in the lead in groves, not into the song.

As far as I know, Elac changers from the 10 onwards have fundamentally the same mechanism. Assuming you don’t speak German, there should be an English service manual or owner’s manual for an Elac changer online somewhere. German manuals seem abundant. Or Google Search “Elac set down point adjustment” and see where it leads.

That was something with a likelihood of needing to be done therefore a user adjustment so there should be factory info or a user’s experience posted that outlines the process.