Audio meetup in Philly area

snap, crackle and pop
BillWojo
United States of America

Audio meetup in Philly area

Post by BillWojo » 19 Sep 2019 18:46

Since there is no real place to post this on VE I decided to post it here. This is a AK meetup but I'm including other forums that I participate in as well because of all the help and education I have received over the years. I'm hoping that at least a few of you can make it and there will be a audio gear flea market as well. Feel free to bring anything audio related including vinyl. Here is the announcement cut and pasted.

Again on short notice, sorry about that folks.
Oct 5th, Saturday from 10AM to 5PM.
Address is 100 Frontage Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034.
We will be highlighting TUBE systems as there is a lot of interest in that.
Flea market as usual.
Note: Due to insurance reasons alcohol will be prohibited on premise.
More details to be added.

BillWojo

BillWojo
United States of America

Re: Audio meetup in Philly area

Post by BillWojo » 21 Sep 2019 05:05

Did anyone from Vinyl Engine go to the Kutztown Radio Show today? I know of at least 7 AK members that showed up, we had a great time hanging out. Seems that more and more audio gear is showing up at every show including TT. They have a spring and fall show.

It would be neat to meet members from here as we all share a common interest. There is also a fair amount of horse trading between us as well. I think most of us have a pile of unused gear.

BillWojo

BillWojo
United States of America

Post by BillWojo » 26 Sep 2019 20:38

Is no one from this forum interested in a meet up? Are there any members in the NJ, Eastern PA area on here?

BillWojo

eddie edirol
United States of America

Post by eddie edirol » 27 Sep 2019 00:41

BillWojo wrote:
26 Sep 2019 20:38
Is no one from this forum interested in a meet up? Are there any members in the NJ, Eastern PA area on here?

BillWojo
Im in the area, Ill be going to this meetup/flea market. Learned about this just now.
Is this address a car wash?

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 27 Sep 2019 09:45

Hey Bill...Sounds like fun! 8) Too bad I don't live closer, although I've got my own audio expo up here in Detroit...I know Big B5515 is in Morgantown, WV and has been up to Jerry's in Pittsburgh...GaryJ73167 was from around the Reading area of PA, as well as RonSwanson...You could try contacting VinylAnt via PM, as I believe he's in Philly...findog3103 and andrew519 are in Philly, TTWB is just west of Philly and edowney in Elkton, Maryland, not too far away...croth1972 was in Southern NJ, as well and bmurphyhd28 was 40 miles south of Philly, IIRC...You could try contacting any of them and see if they were interested...

BillWojo
United States of America

Post by BillWojo » 27 Sep 2019 22:53

It's being held at a former Mercedes Benz dealership that is now an auto repair shop. Nice size show room for the demo area. The spring meet up was a great success. Hope to see you there.

BillWojo

chgc

Post by chgc » 28 Sep 2019 01:54

And within a mile or two of the site of the long gone Emerald City nightclub, where the Stones, the Ramones, Dire Straits and many other performed to relatively small audiences back in the ’80’s.

BillWojo
United States of America

Post by BillWojo » 28 Sep 2019 03:08

And I was to busy racing motorcycles at the time to care. I remember that place though. Reminds me when my older brother used to go to Asbury Park, a place called The Stone Pony to see another legend perform. He used to tell me about this kid that could jam on a guitar and sing, Bruce Springsteen.

BillWojo

BillWojo
United States of America

Post by BillWojo » 29 Sep 2019 22:53

vinyl master, I sent a PM to all listed. Thank you for the information.
Less than a week to go folks!

BillWojo