Springboard levelling??

snap, crackle and pop
louwxlls
England

Springboard levelling??

Post by louwxlls » 24 Aug 2019 10:54

Hi everyone, I have a ION Digital LP Belt Drive Music Centre record player and it plays fine *most of the time* and I’ve just got a new vinyl (that was the sole reason behind me wanting to get into vinyls in the first place) and it’s a lot heavier than my usual vinyls so when it plays not only does it look like it’s on a frigging rollercoaster but it goes from slow to fast to slow and is completely out of turn almost??, until it gets closer to the centre. We’ve played it on my mums record player which is *not* spring loaded and it plays like a dream. Is there anyway that I can get it to play perfectly on mine?

Copperhead
long player
long player

Re: Springboard levelling??

Post by Copperhead » 24 Aug 2019 19:23

louwxlls wrote:
24 Aug 2019 10:54
We’ve played it on my mums record player which is *not* spring loaded and it plays like a dream. Is there anyway that I can get it to play perfectly on mine?
Probably best use a hammer and get a different turntable, unfortunately. If it's any consolation, you can still buy a reasonable quality second hand turntable under £200. You just need a few tips and some patience. Avoid choosing trendy models, they go for silly money, and you'll have plenty of choice.

That Ion, even if you get it to play a record, will probably damage your vinyl anyway. Sorry for the negativity.